or Connect

Posts by mudsummer

We may be moving to the Charleston or Savannah area but I am concerned there aren't any Waldorf schools there so I thought a homeschooling group that follows the Waldorf curriculum would be a great compromise. Any help would be great!
Just looking for a great pediatrician in the area mentioned above that is no vax friendly and possibly any Naturopaths that aren't too expensive. Thanks!
In May 2010 my water spontaneously broke. I was 6 weeks early and my son had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks which was obviously very hard and frightening.   I am now 19 weeks pregnant and my MIL really wants my son to meet his cousin who lives in the east coast. They are even moving up his birthday a month early so that my son can be there. I had agreed to go at first mainly because it does sound like fun and would be nice to get away for a week. My concern is I...
I don't wear my wedding ring but my husband does. I know he would prefer I did but at the moment I can't find it and its not that big of a deal to him. I wear it in phases. I think it is an individual preference. My main problem is I don't like wearing jewelry all the time. I will wake up in the middle of the night and feel like it needs to come off. I like wearing jewelry when we go out like antique seeds beaded necklaces I got in Morocco or something I made. I am not a...
What about watching a video about other people/ cultures or a book about what people have and own? There is a really good book called Material World that we have that documents 30 countries and shows the families outside of their house with all of their belongings outside with them and talks about the country. I know she is really young still but maybe she would understand on some level.  
I have been away from my son maybe 10 hours altogether since he was born 20 months ago. We are close in that we sleep together, bathe together and whatever else you can do together. When I am away I am always thinking of him but I do enjoy my time with my husband but as long as we are not away for longer than 2 or 3 hours. The other day I was running an errand and for some reason my DH was at home with him. About 30 minutes into me leaving I started to cry a little...
@ eclipse    As I said I went through all this a few times. I know all about what people said what to whom and who your supposed to speak to about it. I have been an advocate for a few sexual abuse victims in my own life. Obviously I don't think she should run out the door pointing fingers at the father but as she has already said she is think of having her daughter still be around the father and I want her to think that it is possible and to be on her...
          ALSO LISTEN to BroodyWoodsgal. Her advice is excellent.
Also not to repeat something that has already been said but have you thought that this could her father abusing her. I have not read every post so not sure if this has been mentioned but you have said many times you are scared of him and I am sure your daughter has picked up on it. Also whether or not she realizes that something is wrong most kids do not want to get their parents in trouble.   It sounds like you are really trying to take care of this. Let me say...
I had sexual abuse when I was a child but not quite young as young as your daughter.     These are red flags!!!   I am also confused as to why you haven't asked her if someone has touched her down there? Or even took a good look down there? Maybe you have but please do something about this now. I at 7 felt comfortable enough and knew it was wrong so I told my mom right away. She never did anything about it because it was a family member. I was then and am now labeled...