or Connect

Posts by csekywithlove

Quick question about the cervical checks. Since I've never given birth, I really have no idea what to expect in that department. When I went to my midwife this past Monday, she checked my cervix and it was severely uncomfortable. Is this the reason you say no cervical checks? I am having a hospital birth with a midwife and I am putting in my birth plan that I only want her to check me, no one else. How necessary is it to have your cervix checked and how often? 
Oh, that is very scary! I have to go up and down a flight of stairs 20-30 times a day and my balance has been scaring the heck out of me as well. I am glad that your LO is back in a comfy position and I would continue to be aware of every movement she made. I hope you can both get some rest!
I hope you can get some rest! I'm 37 weeks too and I had some intense contractions today. I did the whole, "holy sh!t! Things could get real!" dance. Hope you feel better soon!
I've been there and I am sorry you are feeling bad! I got sick with those symptoms at almost 34 weeks. I had strep throat right before, then got all the flu like symptoms you just mentioned. It is horrible, you don't feel like the BH are letting up and you are supremely exhausted, right? I ended up going to the hospital after talking to my midwife and I was severely dehydrated, spent a night on labor and delivery, got three bags of fluids, and came home. I hope it isn't...
I'm with mtiger on this one.   And why in the world does it truly matter that she come to his 90th birthday party? If her father isn't coming, then why should she? I think you are asking a lot of your SD's mom to let her go with your mother to an event where she doesn't really know anyone. It would be awkward for your SD and it is obviously not something her mom is willing to agree on. And I can't blame her. You don't even like your dh's family, so what is the...
Congratulations! I'm glad you are both happy and healthy at home! Yay!
I agree with motherhendoula, it is your DH's responsibility to act like the adult. DS is going to push buttons, he's nine. It would help your DS to see your DH deal with this in a calm manner and be "grown up about it." If your DH knows and recognizes that what he is doing is wrong or inappropriate, he should change his behavior as an example for your DS. I am guessing that it has been pretty hard, especially since you took steps to separate them for a week. But that is...
I actually lost five pounds two weeks ago, but I attribute that to fluid since I had been in the hospital for dehydration and pumped full of fluids. The thing that got me though was that Monday (I'm going every week now) I actually had lost another two pounds. I am eating regularly and eating good things for the baby. But that means to date I have only gained 8 pounds. I am okay with it. My pre pregnancy weight wasn't what I wished it would be anyway. Baby is around 6...
Congrats Remark! He is adorable! I hope he gets to come home soon.    Worry- Yup. I am right there with you ladies. My midwife and I talked this Monday and I am to go off of my blood thinner injections next Tuesday. But she is keeping me on the baby aspirin once a day. So I am guessing that my placenta should be okay until I go into labor. She says she has done this before with other women and she literally thinks there should be no problem and doesn't think that I...
Remember, pregnancy is a normal part of a woman's life. It is not a medical prognosis but natural and things will be fine. Do you do breathing exercises? Start breathing from your belly and try listening to some good music, mama. Relax. And when you start feeling worried and dwelling on your fears, try laughing out loud. I'm serious. Laugh out loud and say, "Why am I being silly?" Or something else that will make you smile. Watch a comedy or something entertaining to...