or Connect

Posts by csekywithlove

I believe that the staff handled the whole situation horribly. When DSS started at the daycare, the owner had a conversation with me about how she had had to replace several staff members in the beginning, I thought nothing of it. In the five months that DSS was there, I saw him have four different teachers and was not given any notification or even introduced to any of the other staff taking care of DSS. I of course was assertive and would always ask them their name and...
She sounds like a wonderful midwife, so encouraging and sweet! Very happy for you!
All of you look adorable!   AnnaB- Is that a yellow owl on your cake- too cute!   Courtney- That photo is very nice. The lighting is gorgeous and I love how she got that look out of your daughter. I tend to love photographs of kids where they are concentrated or entranced by something not just necessarily smiling. But then again, I am huge fan of Sally Mann and no one does that better than her. Your friend is off to a great start, and I can't wait to see more!
Tigerchild- It's not that I doubted that DSS said it, or that he would never say that. It is that we have had talks, just like you have to with any child learning to speak about what words are "bad" or "good" words. DSS even corrects other family members when they use a bad word. I feel like my biggest problem is that the situation wasn't handled properly when it happened. Since I have never heard him use that word, but I have heard him use other bad words and we always...
    DH and I decided a couple of weeks ago to pull DSS (3 yrs.) out of daycare. He got in trouble that Wednesday. He called a little black girl the "n word" and the owner texted me about it. In the text she said "I know that some people may use this term at home but it is inappropriate and you need to have a talk with DSS today."  I immediately called the daycare after I got the text and talked to the co-owner. Apparently DSS said it, realized what he had said and...
Just saw this today. I hope that Brian gets all the help he needs although I know not having him there for the birth will be tough. But things will be great once he is home and healthy. Continuing to send you prayer and love, mama. And get a doula, or an awesome friend to work that tub for you. 
Courtney- Sorry you are having to deal with this stuff with your mom. Turn everything off and enjoy the rest of the night. There is always tomorrow.   Crazy stories- Ever since DH and I got together he said we would have a little girl with strawberry blonde hair (he has auburn hair and I am blonde). Well he was right on the gender and lately he has been dreaming of her with strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes. So we will see.... But he and his whole family (DSS...
I am so glad to hear that he is home! I know that is a huge relief right now. Praying for a quick solution with the legalities. 
DH and I did not receive much of the awesome, "Congratulations!" that we expected from some of our relatives. SIL didn't even sound excited, my aunt and cousin (like another mother and sister) neither one offered to throw/ help with my baby shower and they don't call to even ask how the pregnancy is, and I had several classmates at college ask me if this was planned. I didn't see the big deal, I'm 25 and we've been married for two years, I have a 3 yr old DSS.... What's...
My facebook status update said, "Loves (my best friend who I tagged) and wants to go with her to Pride Night on September 9th.... "Are you too pregnant to go to an amusement park?" Is the text I got this morning. Well, let's ask the midwife. ;)" So that is how we informed our friends and family. I had told only a few close friends at that point and that text just made me have to tell people, it was too good to pass up. I did go to the amusement park and the only thing...