or Connect

Posts by aneta

We just moved to Austin from NY, we live in Circle C Ranch neighborhood, I guess that would be south west Austin.I'm looking for pediatrician or family practitioner for my kiddos, somebody who would respect non-vax approach and be more holistic. Also we need to have some friends asap. I have 5 kids ages  5 months to 12 years, any recommendations on how to meet new friends ? I'm open to having playdates in my house or we can meet up in Lady Johnson Wildflower Center which...
Hi Everyone, Hope you are all enjoying summer.It was on busy june for my family, and somehow we spaced out with our usual baby wearing meetings. Time to get back on track... We are having babywearing meeting this coming wednesday, july 7th, starting around 1pm,in Lindenhurst, hope that time works for most of you.There will be many baby carriers to demonstrate and try on, bring questions and baby gear to show off.Also, as usual , we will talk about cloth diapering ...
Hi Mamas, We are having babywearing meeting monday, may 24th, starting around 11 am in Lindenhurst.As usual there will be many carriers to demonstrate and share, so feel free to try them out and ask questions. Also, due to popularity, we will talk about cloth diapers and elimination communication.So bring your questions and any baby gear you want to show off or share .Let me know if any one wants to trade carriers.Kids all ages are welcome. Also feel free to ask any...
BoobsOfSteel- i'm all for midwife, as long you have a healthy/normal pregnancy i think it is way easier to get ready to birth naturally under gentle guidance of midwife
Hi everyone, We have been busy this spring between oh so many birthday parties and traveling, but now we are settling into our usual schedule and it is time for babywearing meeting. This meeting will be on monday,5/3 , 11am-2pm in Lindenhurst .Please,e-mail or pm me for the address.As usual bring you gear, slings, carriers and questions.Kids all ages are welcome.Also lots of moms is interested in cloth diapers ,so if you do use cloth diapers, please bring some to show...
Faither- we live in Lindenhurst and hike to Huntington to see dr.NinaTomei, it was kind of difficult to find ped that would go with our vax choice and alternative approach to health and since we only do check ups here and there we don't spend much time seeing docs anyway the hike happens not that often and is a pleasant one, all my kids love this doc. Kelly- big congrats on your pregnancy!!! so happy for you!! yes, you need to stat having playdates soon .We use Dale Cook...
Next babywearing meeting in Lindenhurst is scheduled for Friday march 12th, 11am-2pm. If you have any baby gear, please bring it along to show off.Also we will talk about cloth diapers, this topic gets pretty popular these days.Kids all ages are welcome. Please, send me om or e-mail me for the address. Aneta
healthgirl, yes, a religious wavier for non-vax brings goose bumps and stomch cramps to me . we did write a wavier for our daughter, and it worked.we started with short statment, and after that they asked for more of the explanation of our religious beliefs,which to me is absolutly ridiculous that you have to exlain that.So we did hire a lawyer, Charles Nicholas from Baldwin, to write a letter that wouldn't be question, and it did work. So good luck to you and i...
Hi Everyone, Next babywearing in Lindenhurst is scheduled on friday, february 26th, 11am-2pm.Bring along your carriers and cloth diapers,it's always great to share experience.Kids all ages are welcome.If you are coming, please e-mail me for the address. See you soon Aneta
BoobsOfSteel-i don't have that much of experience with peds on LI, but from what i've learned so far it is very common that there is not much breastfeeding support in medical filed.And yes, it is pretty scary how uninformed doctor can be in that subject, and it is even scarier that some moms can actually be motivated to stop breastfeeding their children.I would say that it might be a good idea to change the ped and find somebody more educated and supportive.i always get...