or Connect

Posts by Sweet.Bee

Hey, ladies!   Life is busy for us. Our baby girl is almost 8 months old! She's sitting and crawling (not so efficiently yet) and is still a real koala baby. We have been having some trouble getting her to gain weight (she's only 6.5kg, so ~5% percentile in weight, 50% in height), even though she eats day and night. Her diet is mama's milk and some fruit purees, and we have introduced yogurt (plain with some fruit puree mixed in) a bit early in the hope that it...
  Emaya, our girl is a sleep fighter, too. She will only fall asleep in her Ergo or (sometimes) after being fed. I spend half the day on my feet, carrying her around because she will not nap any other way no matter how tired she is. Some nights (like tonight, which is why I am awake at half past midnight with a baby on me ) I need to walk around for hours to get her into a deep enough sleep that she does not wake up when I put her down. Even then, she needs to be pressed...
I haven't been around in awhile. The children are keeping me busy. :)   I love all the photos. Such cute babies!   Emaya, regarding periods... I'm feeling kind of weird wondering about birth control, too. The thing is we think we're done at 2 children. It's just so expensive to live where we do, plus we don't want to be outnumbered.  I had postpartum bleeding for about 2 months, then had my first period just a couple of weeks ago (baby girl is 4 months old). She...
Don't have much time nowadays, but I wanted to send hugs to lilmom. I hope you are back here very soon.   Congratulations, Kyamo! I'm glad your labor was fast. Just watch out that the second one could be even faster.  My first was under 2.5 hours, and my second 1 hour exactly.   My little girl is 7 weeks old now. She is growing so fast! She was born a bit small, but is eating like crazy. Already up from 3010g to ~4750g this Sunday (we always weigh her after her...
I'm wondering if my baby (5 weeks) might be stuffing herself too full. She uses the breast for comfort (to fall asleep, when she has gas, hiccups, etc.). She will not take a pacifier. She's a connoisseur.    In the beginning, she would sometimes suck then complain that milk was coming out. That's when we offered a pacifier, which she outright refused. She used to take my finger for comfort sucking, but does not want that any more. She no longer complains when milk...
My son hated the infant car seat. Since we switched to a bigger one, he loves it. I think he did not like the position (lying vs sitting) and view (back vs front-facing) of the infant car seat. He likes to look out the window and see everything that is going on.   Our little girl (5 weeks) hates being put in the car seat but is usually ok once she is moving. I think it depends a lot of the child's temperament.
chili, I am still bleeding at 5 weeks PP. It comes and goes in intensity. I have noticed that I bleed more when I've been active (walking around, out shopping for long stretches, etc.). Maybe this is the case for you?   Kaitlyn, people are stupid sometimes. Our first (now 2.5 years old) slept with us for the first few months. To fall asleep, he needed to be rocked on one of our laps. I gradually moved him to his own bed, and he's been an excellent sleeper for about 2...
We've taken her out shopping a few times as a whole family, plus the one quick emergency grocery trip I did with the children alone.   I also need to pick up our 2.5-year-old from preschool at 1PM 3x per week (daddy brings him in the morning), so baby obviously comes with me. Poor girl hates going out in the cold. I had to feed her once on the preschool's sofa.
Woo, I'm behind. Baby and her big brother are keeping me busy.    Kyamo, your baby is almost here!   Regarding spotting, I spotted very often during pregnancy, and all was well. On the other hand, I'm 5 weeks post partum and still bleeding!    Our little girl is very active, though she also loves just staring at our back speakers (black on white wall). Her brother also rolled over early, and he's a wild one. So I think they'll be a good match for playing. But...
Our baby girl is 4 weeks old now, and she's now at 4kg (up from 3kg at birth). She's still a tiny baby, but she loves to eat! She refuses to take a pacifier or even my finger, even if she only wants the breast to cure hiccups or soothe her gassy tummy. Ha!   She's such a strong little girl. She rolled over for the first time yesterday. I'm amazed that she was able to learn this so quickly, considering she's almost always at the breast or being held.   Speaking of...