or Connect

Posts by Clover Honey

Thank you for the replies, it's now been almost 2 weeks (tomorrow), and she is absolutely refusing.  She has tasted but not latched on, except for one time after a nap but when she fully woke and realized what was happening she was angry.  She snuggles, and cuddles and even raises my shirt at bedtime but only for the closeness.  I know that she is teething, but it will be a long process and it looks like there are 4-6 on the top coming down.  (my son used to get 4-6...
13 Month old started biting at every nursing (6-7 xs/day) yesterday and now is totally refusing to nurse at all.  She gets angry if I offer and she'll open up and bite so that I'll put her down!  I gave her a dose of Tylenol to see if it was teething, but it had no effect.  Could she be weaning?  I am so upset.     She's a very large baby (27 lbs) and has always nursed frequently and not taken much solids.  Now all of a sudden she's eating more than my 5 & 3 year...
Yes, there were.  Del. #2 was long and difficult and resulted in 4th degree tear.  I noticed the prolapse right after.   We are trying to figure how much of this is caused by the prolapse and how much might be urge incontinence (and perhaps that is set off by the letdown).  The choices are medication after I'm finished nursing or surgery.
Hello all,   This is not a topic many would want to discuss, but I'm hoping to find some answers here.  I would like to know if anyone else has experienced urine leaking (drips) during letdown.  I have been having some issues with leaking, but it happens most often while nursing, during letdown.  It also happens during random letdowns while not nursing.  I feel like this makes sense, but I can't find much on this issue.  I'm being evaluated for urge/stress IC, and have...
Came back to update - another VBAC, only a small 2nd degree tear!!!  Baby was even larger.  Took lots of care and my time pushing, slowly and breathing deeply.  Paused through many contractions with no pushing and just let baby move down slowly (that fetal ejection reflex really kicked in if I relaxed) until it was time to do the hard work.  Then was careful and slow, but still powerful pushes; especially when getting her head past my pelvis.  I still had a partial...
Came back to update - another VBAC, only a small 2nd degree tear!!!  Baby was even larger.  Took lots of care and my time pushing, slowly and breathing deeply.  Paused through many contractions with no pushing and just let baby move down slowly until it was time to do the hard work.  Then was careful and slow, but still powerful pushes.  When head crowned (I made sure to use a large mirror so I could see exactly what to do), I stopped and let the stretching happen...
Thanks all for the responses, they're very helpful.  I'm 37 w 3 d today, and so far the plan is to go for a vaginal birth and change the plan according to any new info we may get (the changes might be to add a low dose epidural to relax the perineum or to move to a gentle cesarean where I or DH would get to do unlimited skin to skin with baby with no separation).    I did have an u/s yesterday with a very experienced Peri and we got good pictures and repeated...
Thank you very much for your reply.  I'm getting close to decision time; I'm now 33 weeks (and Previa is completely resolved).  It's still very much up in the air. I will say, that I would try another vbac no question if I could birth in water (since I am a vbac, even though it's my 2nd vaginal birth, none of the MWs I trust would be able to attend my HB.  Also, the one hospital that allows water birth has a vbac ban).  I can labor at my chosen hospital in the tub, but...
I brought snacks/drinks, and didn't really eat  - and then after a 24 hour labor and pushing for 3 hrs my MW finally said to my DH and Doula - she's too weak, did you bring snacks or drinks?   And I chugged a whole vitamin water and had a handful of nuts and pushed him out in 10 mins.  I would not have thought of food or asked for it, but I did need it.
Hi and thanks!   That's what our Ped said - 2-3 weeks but they prefer 3 weeks to be sure it's fully treated.  We knew he had Lyme because he was bitten on the top the scalp by a deer tick and 11 days later he had a fever of 103 and several bumps forming on his scalp that errupted with pus, and one large pink circular rash around the whole top of his head.  His lymph nodes in the neck were also enlarged.     The problem is that the signs to watch for in recurring...