or Connect

Posts by tfadams

Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali Dr Saenz-Badillos awesome! thank you!
Needham, Wellesley, Newton, Westwood, Dedham, or nearby Not really sure what the general vibe is (if such exists) among peds in the area, as have lived in the UK since first was born. Stopped BF at 12+ months as I was pregnant and ill and milk production was poor. My ped, (who had no idea I was PG and ill,) said I am glad you stopped . .. when I told him I had stopped BF! I was a bit dumbfounded as I really liked him on all other accounts and he used to be so positive...
Thank you all for your replies. Looks like I won't have to apply this newly gained knowledge until baby #3. It is highly unlikely that we will move before the baby is due and therefore will birth here in London.
I spoke with WHA and was told that you don't have to stay any longer than you like (barring jaundice etc, I guess?) is that not the case?
Quote: Originally Posted by kat5681 I had a natural (Bradley) birth at NWH this past September. My overall experience was that they came across as being completely supportive of natural birth, but once I was there, I was disappointed. The midwife who was there with me (who I had not met before) sat back and didn't give much support until after transition began. (I was there through most of labor because I was Group B Strep positive). The good thing...
Hello, I am 27 weeks pregnant and living in London. There is a possibility that we will be relocating to the Boston Area (Needham perhaps) before I give birth. I had a natural birth (water birth) in December 2008 here in London. I want very much to have a natural/intervention free birth this time as well. I have heard good things about NWH midwives practice but would love some first hand accounts (good and bad please). Other recommendations (aside from a...
Would love to hear how you got on at NWH. I am 27 weeks on Thursday, currently living in London but just found out last Friday that there is a chance (we will know at weeks end) that we need to move back before the baby (i.e. the next 4 - 6 weeks). I had a natural birth in December 2008 here in London and was really hoping for the same experience again. Definitely want to home overall but managing a natural birth is a critical factor for me. Thanks!