or Connect

Posts by miami mommy

Nobody told me anything about what was to come after giving birth. The afterpains, how rough it was going to the bathroom, that I would feel like I'd been hit by a truck, that it would have a hard time catching my breath b/c my lungs needed to readjust to having all the space they needed after being squished for months. Plus, my DS fractured my tailbone on the way out, so I couldn't sit normally for a couple weeks. When I got up to use the bathroom for the first time...
I'm so sorry for your loss. 
My belly is totally lopsided, too. My right side is sticking out more. I'm 6 1/2 weeks along and I remember this happening with DS, but not until I was further along.   
I'm definitely going to CD, but I already use CD on DS, so it's already my way of life.  I'm going to start off with prefolds, fitteds and pockets,  then eventually switch to just fitteds and pockets when the baby hits the squirmy stage. Since DS is a 16 mo ball of energy, I'm looking forward to having a baby that stays still during diaper changes cause that makes using prefolds easy. I part-time EC my DS and I'm going to do the same for the new baby. EC (even just...
I'm so sorry for your loss. 
Facebook and personal growth tend not to go hand in hand.  I love using it b/c I want to stay up to date on the lives of my friends and family, but wow is it an amazing medium for creating drama. I think it's a good rule to stick to positive status updates b/c there's already so much negative energy from everyone who uses FB to do their venting. It's possible to use FB as a challenge to become more peaceful by not engaging or getting upset by other people's status...
 I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I went through the same thing last month, I had a m/c at 5 weeks. I am sending you lots of healing thoughts and I hope that you will be back in a new DDC soon!  
I made Pumpkin Apple muffins with streusel topping for my DS's bday. He loved them, but didn't eat all that much, maybe a few mouthfuls, b/c I made sure he ate some regular food first. I thought it was a decent compromise between his regular low-sugar diet and a birthday cake with tons of sugar. 
If it were me, I would visit sooner rather than later just to see if I liked the area enough to relocate. I actually just moved back to Seattle after living in Miami for a year and although I'm still trying to pay off the moving expenses, I love this city and it was totally worth it. But people tend to either love it or hate it here depending on how much the cloudy skies bother them. Good luck! 
  I may be totally off base here, but these behaviors sound like OCD to me. It sounds like he has serious issues about keeping things clean and that is why he won't use bubble bath, needs to do a total body soap so often, rinses her hair his way even if it makes her cry, and does all the hair fluffing. Just a thought...