or Connect

Posts by chattymom

I am with everyone else and in addition to what they all said (sorry if it has been said already, I skimmed), you can't sometimes give in to her wishes to not ride in the seat and end up staying home. It confuses her and she will continue to give a hard time thinbking maybe you will stay home like last time she got mad and you did. You have to be consistant, if you have somewhere to go and then she throws a fit you can't say "ok we'll stay home", you have to let her know...
Try turning the buckle backwards so it faces her body rather than faces outward if you have the 5 point harness which is the best kind to have. make sure she has something to do in the car, like a snack or special car toys. if you have an extra car seat or can find a real cheap one at a yard sale, buy that and put it in the car and when you go somewhere buckle up her baby doll and say things like "look how your baby stays in her seat like a good girl. that's all I can...
I used to babysit for a little girl who's mother was a freak about her kid being spotless, it drove me nuts, her daughter could not even have any fun. She was extreme though I mean even at home she would freak out if she got a little dirty in the sand box. It got to the pont where she was making her child the same way, I would take her to the sand box to play and when she got a little sand on her hands she would cry saying she needed to go wash her hands right away. I...
I have never heard of those terms, I always thought there was just identicle or fraternal. When my twins were born I was told they could not tell by the placenta because it was so big they could not tell if it was one big one or two fused together. They said the only way was a DNA test. They have the same blood type, they are both A- and the doctor thinks they are identicle because I have dark brown eyes and their father has blue eyes and he said the chances of them both...
I think it depends on each child, I am sure mothers of girls would tend to be even more protective than mothers of boys in some cases. I have 9 yr old twins a 7 yr old and a 4 yr old. My twins and my 7 yr old ride thbeir bikes on the road behind our house. It's a dead end on both ends and only one road leading into it, so the only traffic is people who live back there and it's a very short road I can see all the way down it easily. They take 2 way radios and I keep one...
My twins wiped themselves by themselve by age 4, my now 7 yr old took forever, he was potty trained early at 2 but still needed help for a long time, til he was 5. We used to try and get him to wipe himself then we would check to make sure he got it all. Well one night we had company over and he was in the bathroom going. He called me a couple times but I was busy with the company and said just a minute. Well he couldn't wait, he came out to the livingroom where we all...
I never had a cell phone when I was a teen and I did just fine LOL I don't think children need cell phones, I think I am careful about where I let them go. I will not just let them go to anyone's house and hang out. My oldest are turning 10 in oct. and I can't imagine them having a cell phone, it's just not nessesary. They take a two way radio when they ride their bikes and other than that they don't need anything. I am not the type of parent to drop off my kids at the...
I also agree that restraining is a bad idea. When my kids were that age and they would hit (esspecially my twins) I would say "no hitting, that hurts" then I would take their hand and rub whoever they hit gently and say "be gentle" or "easy" I think parents often forget that children don't just automatically know these things. I think it's important to not only let the child know hitting is wrong, but let them know the correct way to touch someone as well. I would also...
my twins are 9 so they don't do this much anymore but when they were younger and would fight over a toy I found it helped to set a timer so they would know when it was the next persons turn. I used to have the one who wanted the toy to help me set the timer and seeing how much time was left til his turn helped a lot.
Hi I am a mom to 9 yr old twin boys, Tyler and Travis. They will be 10 Oct. 1st. We don't know if they are identicle or not but the doctor thinks they are. Most people cannot tell them apart. I would love to get a test done to know for sure but it costs a lot of money from what I'm told. My twins were born 6 weeks early and weighed 4lbs 1oz and 4lbs 12oz at birth. They are still small for their age now. At almost 10 years old they both barely weigh 50 pounds. Tyler is...