or Connect

Posts by miso_soup

My son Dylan had a VCUG done at around a year old, after a particularly nasty UTI landed him in hospital for 2 days. It was a relatively quick process, and while it definitely wasn't comfortable for him, it didn't appear to be TOO painful, based on his reaction to the catheter. He was wide awake for the procedure, and no anesthesia was given. I'm surprised they are giving your daughter a general for this, to be honest. Seems a little bit like overkill to me, but then...
Eye-opening how? Just curious...
I believe they call this "first world problems"? Lol. Anyway, maybe if we all did a lot less judging and a lot more minding our own damn business, we wouldn't have to keep flogging this dead horse. What more is there to possibly say on this subject - particularly on MDC - that hasn't been said a thousand times? Let me sum it up, if I may:   1) Breast milk is undoubtedly the best choice for the overwhelming majority of babies. 2) In the absence of a reliable source...
see y'all on the other side.... of the internet! (Just had to clarify, in case anyone thought I was referring to the afterlife, which would be just a touch morbid). xxx
Lol! Me neither! But here is Dylan's basic 'routine', one that has just kind of emerged naturally over the last few weeks.   I feel very fortunate that Dylan sleeps through the night, and has done since he was about 2 months old. As a result, he usually wakes anywhere between 5:30 and 7:00 in the morning, super-hungry! Once he's eaten, he usually drops back to sleep for another 90 minutes or so - which is great, because it gives me chance to get myself ready for the day...
Haha, you sound just like me    Dylan followed a similar pattern, actually. He's over 3 months now - 13 1/2 weeks - and his weight gain has definitely slowed the last 3 or 4 weeks. I believe that around the 3 or 4 month mark, the babies do often tend to slow their weight gain slightly, especially as compared to the first few weeks. Dylan went from 6lb 15oz to just over 12lb in only the first two months, but the last month has probably only gained 1lb or so (haven't...
I actually reached my pre-preg weight at about 4 weeks post-partum, and am now a few lbs UNDER what I weighed before I got pregnant. Sounds great, right?! But actually, it's got very little to do with diet and exercise and much more to do with stress!! I tend to lose my appetite when I'm anxious, and those first couple of months post-partum were very challenging for me. That, plus breastfeeding voraciously hungry baby = skinny mama! I do actually wish I hadn't dropped...
Such devastating news. I'm so sorry, mistymama. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Rest well, dear sweet Gavin. 
It sounds like you have your hands full, Mama! I feel overwhelmed just with 1, so I can't imagine trying to take care of 3!     I think that your reactions are probably very normal given your situation, but that doesn't mean that there isn't also some PPD in the mix there, too. PPD doesn't just equate to depression, either - although that's often the most common symptom. PPD can also manifest itself as anxiety/OCD (obsessive thoughts/actions). I definitely recommend...
  Thanks for taking care of this. Let's keep this thread bumped so as many people as possible have the opportunity to contribute.