or Connect

Posts by DirtRoadMama

I soak all of my seeds before I plant them. I soak them until the skin is soft, and then place them in a bowl, put a paper napkin over it, and then wet the napkin thoroughly, and keep it wet. Not just damp, wet. Then, I wait to see which ones send out a little root sprout. Those get planted. Different plants have different germination temperatures they do best at. This one is a great one: http://tomclothier.hort.net/page11.html I had hard, crusty soil too,...
I have new pictures up on my Flickr account. I have also started a thread on the GardenWeb forums, with all the pictures there. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...3469499.html?5
5/20/2010 Today I gave birth to an angel. Miles was born at 12:50am on 5-20-10, weighing 6.5 ounces and 8.25 inches long. His head was 6.5 inches around and his chest was 6 inches around. He stopped growing around 17 weeks, and was born around 20 weeks. He's going to be cremated, and then he's coming home. 5/21/2010 Today we picked up Miles' ashes. There was startlingly little in that package. We're still deciding what to do with the ashes, but we are going to plant...
It's Sunday morning, just after 8am. I've been here since Thursday at 7pm (well, I was here in the hospital earlier than that, but that is when the drugs started). They are about to check me again, because the induction has not managed to produce a body. I have lost the mucus plug, and there is some bleeding. If I haven't progressed further than the last time they checked me, they are saying I'll be sent home for a day or two to give my uterus a break. Thank you...
So, I wasn't feeling the baby move starting two weeks ago, and at my midwife appointment on Friday she could not find the heartbeat. To make a long story short, I went to the emergency room today because I didn't want to wait another week (literally) to get in for the ultrasound that she could refer me to. So, the maternity people couldn't find a heartbeat with the doppler, and did an ultrasound, and there was no heartbeat. They said the baby stopped developing 2 weeks...
I had a huge stuffed animal / doll collection when I was a kid. I ended up getting some clothesline strung from the floor to ceiling (using eyehooks, if I remember correctly, to make it taunt) and then clipped all the toys to the line with clothespins. It kept them off the ground, and I could see all of them. Would that work for your DD?
Oh, mama, that's brutal! It really sounds like your school district isn't a happy option for you. Ok, let's see... How about a private, in-home daycare? I just started dd at a new in-home daycare, and they haven't asked for her vax record yet. (she is vaxed, though, just saying that they might not ask) Do you have any books on manners? Maybe reading about manners from a book will make them seem more important than hearing about them from mom? I was heavily...
One word for the Tupperware Stack... Ebay. I use the glass pyrex storage bowls for my leftovers. I like that glass won't absorb anything from tomato sauces, and there is never any residue smell. I have a few pieces of Tupperware (cereal containers, the spaghetti containers, and a juice pitcher), but I am about to change all my other storage to glass, wide-mouth, canning jars. They are cheaper, and I think they look cute in a country house.
I just went through all of dd's toys, and bagged up all the infant toys she hasn't played with in a while. I'm keeping them for the new baby. Then, I picked up all the little "accessory" pieces that she doesnt use, and tossed those in the bag, too. Then I picked out any other toys that I haven't seen her interested in for a while, and tossed those in the bag. I ended up completely emptying one of her plastic toy bins (those big storage bins). She still has one bin...
I'm trying out arch trellies made out of cattle panels! There is a link to pictures in my thread, and you can read more about it, and see more pictures that other people have done, on gardenweb.com forums. Those forums have been a huge help to me, and the search function works really well to dig out information! Let's see some pictures of your garden!!!