or Connect

Posts by 11yearslater

Quote: Originally Posted by Oubliette8 I just wanted to say, just because she didnt want to have those conversations in front of her DD does not necessarily mean her DD has had no education in those matters. When I was 9 I knew what menstruation and breastfeeding were. I even knew that sometimes women can have problems like cramps etc. However, my mother has NEVER discussed her menstruation or breastfeeding in front of me. I didn't even find out she had a...
Quote: Originally Posted by hsmamato2 I don't think she owes the kid an apology. In fact,IMHO the kid owes her an apology,for putting her in the position of even having to consider doing what she did. I agree. I also wouldn't be too worried about the child feeling humiliated and ashamed. I don't believe we should intentionally set out to shame/humiliate children, but it is good for them to learn that when you act in a shameful way, you end up...
Quote: Originally Posted by carmel23 But having a child meet with a school psych doesn't make you give up your 'freedom.' That's a bit out there for me... In and of itself, it wouldn't seem to. And if people could be convinced to always remain in their proper place, it wouldn't. But schools are *notorious* for wanting, and taking, the role of parent. It's much like the cascading set of interventions that can happen during pregnancy. You...
When it comes to "wwyd", my answer is going to be...."get him out of the school now, before they ruin him". But, that comes from a perspective of bias with: me believing that industrialized schooling is bad and anti-educational, having an eleven year old son just like yours and knowing I would easily be in your shoes if he went to school, and having a brother with a massive IQ who knows almost nothing and has had a terrible life because of being labeled a problem very...
he needed a blood test for lead since our old house was built in 1976 (I think the cut off is 1977), so I did that. I've never heard of this. Who required the lead test? The daycare? The government? I mean, it may or may not be a good idea to get it, but why would it affect daycare/school entrance? I've never heard (and can't really imagine) of a kid "passing on" lead poisoning.
Crunchy doesn't necessarily mean liberal.
Hi all! I live in Wicomico county and am 13 weeks preg with #2. Of course, the irony is that I wasn't expecting to ever be pregnant (not that I'm unhappy about it) because #1 is eleven. So here I go again! Great to know there are so many others here on the shore!
Hi, I'm from Wicomico County, about 15 minutes from Salisbury!! Not Delaware, exactly, but all shore mama's gotta stick together!