or Connect

Posts by jenifera2

Thanks! We're thrilled. :)   So, does anyone else have a toddler who takes FOREVER to eat meals? She eats plenty (but not too much), and she eats just about anything, so I don't have any complaints there, but she'll take a bite, then get lost in singing songs, trying to get the cat's attention, looking at photos on the wall, flopping back in the chair, telling me a story about something that happened, etc. She never spends less than an hour eating a meal, and it's...
Hi!
I was 36 when my daughter was born and opted for amnio. I'm 38 now and will almost certainly do CVS in two weeks to have results sooner. I'm not comfortable with the screens. Odds are not enough for me to comfortable, since the baby can have genetic issues with odds of 1:10, 1:100p, even 1:1,000,000. We both prefer to know. The risk of complications when the procedure is performed by a skilled practitioner are within my comfort zone. I will absolutely still worry for a...
Ann Arbor, MI for the last 11 years
I have to wait a little over 3 more weeks! My first midwife appointment was too early to hear anything and I didn't have an ultrasound. I'll have one at 11.5 weeks for CVS, and that's the first look or listen that we'll get. I kind of like that, though, since we had two perfectly beautiful ultrasounds with my first pregnancy at 7 and 9 weeks, then one at 9.5 weeks that showed no heartbeat. An early ultrasound isn't all that reassuring for me since that happened, but one...
I don't have any pictures yet, and probably won't take any for a little while, but I am finding that some pants/shorts are just totally uncomfortable. I'm 8 weeks now and have to be a bridesmaid at 11 weeks. In a dress with a fitted, belted waist. It would have been snug even if I hadn't gotten pregnant, due to the idiotic bridal industry that makes it nearly impossible to try anything on, then makes you order your dress 4 months in advance so you have time to have it...
Kat - You may be able to find some other babywearers at www.thebabywearer.com. It's usually a friendly group of people happy to share knowledge and let others play with their carriers! Or, next time you get to Ann Arbor, the babywearing group here meets every Tuesday from 10-12, every Friday from 2-4, and the last Saturday of every month from 10-12. Or if that doesn't work, let me know you're coming. I can probably gather moms with plenty of different carriers to meet at...
We're in Ann Arbor! Where do you live in NC? My brothers lived in Greensboro for a while before moving to Tallahassee a few years ago.
We're thrilled to be having this baby! It took 8 years (and one miscarriage) to conceive Caitlin, so the fact that this one took about a year seems like almost nothing. :)   I'm about 8 weeks now, had my first midwife appointment (hospital based group) this week, no doppler or ultrasound. We'll be having CVS done at about 11.5 weeks, so we'll have our first ultrasound then and will get definitive sex info with those results!   We don't need to buy much, if...
I love a ring sling and a stretchy wrap for newborns until 3-4 months, but I much prefer the Wrapsody Bali stretch wraps to the Moby wraps.  They're much lighter (so not as hot, which can be an issue even in winter), and since they have hemmed rails they're safe for back carries. I still use mine with my 28 pound toddler for her naps sometimes. For older babies I love woven wraps (for naps and snuggles) and a soft structured carrier (Ergo and Onya Baby depending on...