or Connect

Posts by jenifera2

Oh, yeah, I'm ready. Well, as ready as one can be, I suppose. But I fully expect this to go by in less than 2 weeks. By the end of the day she could stop while walking, turn around, and realized that as long as she was already standing, walking was the best way to get from here to there. She just has to learn how to stand up without holding onto something and she'll be a full-fledged walker. I give it a week.
Hello, and welcome!   We have steps! Caitlin was walking while holding my hand today when she saw a dog, let go, and walked about 20 feet. Then she did it again a couple minutes later. No hesitation or instability, she just walked right over as if she'd been doing it all her life. :) Such a proud mama moment. :)
Oh, I should add that my advice was assuming that you're already away from him during the day and that he's getting pumped milk, but that you won't be able to pump anymore. Not sure why I made that assumption, but I did. If you're not currently away from him during the day and will have to be, how long do you have until that switch is made? And what options have you used, if any, in the past when you've left him with other caregivers for any length of time?
I've had two PP periods - the first when Caitlin was 11 months and the second about 6 weeks later. That's definitely longer than they were pre-pregnancy, and I think it's common for them to take some time to get back to normal. I really felt like I could have been pregnant, but several tests told me otherwise.   As to day weaning, it depends on a couple things:   1) How well does he eat solids? And does he drink anything besides breast milk and water?2   2)...
Very strange, we just had roseola here, too. I thought the fever over the weekend was teething, but then the rash appeared, I think on Sunday night. The fever was gone on Monday and the spots are mostly gone now as well. Apparently it's an extremely common early childhood virus. I think I read that you're contagious before the fever starts, so there's no way to prevent spreading it really. Something like 90% of kids will have it before they enter school. All is well...
Caitlin had fun watching this, and when Lila said, "ya ya ya ya" Caitlin said it right back to her. :)
I've been away for a while, and look what I find. A toddler thread! We celebrated Caitlin's birthday this weekend. What an amazing and disconcerting thing, to have a 1-year-old!     Here's a photo having cake on her actual birthday. We had her party Sunday, and it was a blast.   She has no interest in walking - like others, I think she's a perfectionist and will wait until she can totally do it. But she does enjoy walking behind a push toy, and she can steer...
OK, I know I asked this before about throwing food (more in a moment), but I have to ask again:   When does the pinching stop?????   She pinches my chest and arms when I'm wearing her on the front. Sometimes when she's nursing. She pinches my back when I'm wearing her there. This wouldn't be an issue in winter, but I've got a lot of bare skin and I'm going insane with the pinching!!!!! Anyone with older kids who can reassure me that this is a short-lived...
Ah, that makes sense then, MsDolphin. It's always been my understanding that babies should be on formula until at least a year (so that seems like something that's normal, to me, which seems like your doctor wouldn't be surprised he's not eating enough to meet all his needs), and some go on to toddler formula if they're not super eaters after a year.
One more tip for solids - If your baby throws food on the floor, he's not necessarily done eating. We found (and also have friends who say the same thing about their babies) that if we give Caitlin more than one piece of food at a time she throws all but one on the floor, eats the one that's left, and then wants more. So now I give her one piece of something and don't give her more until she's finished eating that one. Lately she's been handing food back to me when she...