or Connect

Posts by jenifera2

Ami - We are, in theory, trying for another now (or for the last couple months, even). But in reality I've still got no AF, so I have no idea when fertility might even return. Still, we're very open to closely spaced babes, and are only planning to have 2. We had Caitlin 8 years after we started trying, so I don't want to be much older than I am now and still having babies. :)   Two more thoughts on table food - If you think your babe doesn't like a food, keep...
Caitlin has been eating real table food (no purees) since she was 6 months old. She got 2 bottom teeth at 7 months and 4 top teeth around 9 months. With teeth, we have to be careful with meat, since she can now bite off large chunks but has no back teeth to chew them. Otherwise, she handles most foods just fine.   Since you're nervous, try a couple options:   small foods - peas, diced fruits and soft veggies, cereal like cheerios   hand-held foods - toddler...
You know, we hardly belong in "life with a babe" anymore. We've got a whole lot of toddlers around here! I still love seeing everyone's photos!
That rash doesn't sound good. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious!   For those interested in taking better pictures of your babies, I've been loving Me Ra Koh's new book,Your Baby In Pictures: http://www.amazon.com/Your-Baby-Pictures-Parents-Photographing/dp/0817400036/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310955745&sr=8-1   It offers suggestions for photos from newborn to 1 year, complete with the settings you might use on your camera, whether it's point-and-shoot or...
A few recent photos, though her top teeth are now much bigger than in the photo with the pink shirt.  
So happy for you, Mae!   Caitlin now has 4 top teeth (can't remember if I mentioned that) and just tonight started pulling up to standing. She spent the weekend swimming in a lake and boating and is definitely an up-north kind of girl!   As for taking photos off auto, what kind of camera do you have? Can you adjust aperture, shutter speed, ISO? Here are a few tips on the technical side, then a few on the artistic side:   * Shoot in aperture mode. The lower...
And don't forget fireflies! They were putting on a pre-fireworks show for us here in Michigan. :)
So Amanda, did you get up right away and start dancing to reassure her? :)   Caitlin can't pull up to standing yet, but she can push up on her feet on something that is shorter than she is. At the mall today she was pushing up on things in the play area, then diving head first over them after toys. She realized she can climb onto them, but doesn't get the concept of falling off the other side. Thankfully I or another mama was there to catch her . . . this time. Gonna...
I wish she had something resembling a "wake up time". It was 7:30 for a while. Then suddenly she started sleeping until 8:30. Then 6 yesterday, 7 today. But it's fine - we manage with naps for mommy as needed!
Wow, I haven't checked in here for a while. Glad to see where everyone is now!   Caitlin just turned 10 months and started crawling at 9.5 months. She's not sleeping any better after learning to crawl, but I'm still having fun with it. She's not too into things she shouldn't be, but I love that she can just follow me out of the room when I go to the bathroom or to get a glass of water, instead of me having to take her with me or leave her crying.   She got 2...