or Connect

Posts by NEastMomma

Hi all, I am so exhausted as I write this, I'm just hoping I am writing something coherent and somewhat making sense.  Forgive me for rambling.  Here goes:   So my DS2 is 21mos and has nursed to sleep since birth.  It has worked out really well - I have always enjoyed our special time together in the evening and we lie down together in my bed, he nurses to sleep, then I move him into his own toddler bed in the room he shares with DS1 (almost 4).  He *usually*...
Hi Mamas, I am on the search for a consellor/therapist for ME in the Boston/ South Shore area.  I've realized I'm not handling the mommy stress so gracefully these days and would like some professional support.  I'd love to find someone who is AP-friendly and/or Aha Parenting-friendly.  I did find one woman in a preliminary search, but she doesn't take my insurance.   Any suggestions before I begin this potentially exhaustive search?   Thanks! NEast momma
Thanks so much for the reply! My baby just got better and better as far as the gas went and he even started pooping daily!  His spit ups really declined as well.  Congestion was gone.  And then I tested it with one delicious dish of ice cream, and bam!  No poop again for 3 days, gas was back and major spit ups again. He pooped yesterday again and also today. Yay!  Hoping he's back to daily poops.    I've heard that some doctors say it is impossible as you heard...
HI Neptunemama, Thanks for your response!  Makes sense.  I had further confirmation that it wasn't really my imagination - have been off dairy since 12/31 and yesterday morning tested it (in the MOST delicous way) by eating a chocolate chip muffin.  (looked up the recipe and they're all made w/ milk and of course the chocolate...)  I'm glad I enjoyed it as I won't be indulging for a looong time... Poor DS started spitting up again!  He also was congested last night...
Hi, typing w/ 1 hand here so please forgive...     I have never experienced oozing on myself or baby, but found this on eczema fr Dr. Sear's site.  I thonk he usually has excellent advice.   Severe rash – these areas will be very red and irritated, will ooze, and bleed. These areas will be larger and more widespread than usual. Itching and burning will be troublesome. Treat this with a medium strength prescription cortisone cream. Your doctor may prescribe...
I suffer from occasional eczema as did my first DS.  I have never had it ooze though.  Hmm... I usually reach for hydrocortizone, just otc stuff, though once DS got it so badly that he had to have prescription hydrocortizone.  I used keep it at bay on DS w/ light application of Aquaphor after bath, etc.  (At 2.5yrs he no longer seems to suffer from it).    Can you call Dr tomorrow and see if they can call you in a script?   Sorry, eczema is awful!   Good...
x-posted in Breastfeeding Challenges   Hi all, I've suspected a dairy sensitivity in my DS 10weeks. He's had HORRIBLE spit ups (pedi said he's got a bit of reflux), chronic stuffy nose and some gas/constipation issues.   I halted all major dairy 4 days ago I have cheated and had a couple of cookies and slices of banana bread over these days. (I am weak). I WAS eating a ton of dairy - yogurt, cheese, milk, etc daily. Lots of ice cream too. All that is gone now....
xposted in Health and Healing Hi all, I've suspected a dairy sensitivity in my DS 10weeks.  He's had HORRIBLE spit ups (pedi said he's got a bit of reflux), chronic stuffy nose and some gas/constipation issues.   I halted all major dairy 4 days ago  I have cheated and had a couple of cookies and slices of banana bread over these days.  (I am weak).  I WAS eating a ton of dairy - yogurt, cheese, milk, etc daily.  Lots of ice cream too.  All that is gone now. ...
Oh gosh, the fun never ends, huh?  I hope nanny is able to stay one step ahead of it.  Knowing the trigger is so helpful.  Good luck!
Hi there, I too am hoping for some suggestions.  I feel for you - my 28 month old has been going through a similar thing since my new baby was born 9 weeks ago.  He's even started biting.  UGH!   Here is what I have done so far and I've seen some success.  I got this idea from DS's daycare - I teach part time and he goes 3days/week and was bitten a couple of times there.  This is what they did and what I am doing:  Notice what the triggers are to make child...