or Connect

Posts by Dom&O

Hi mommas, I'm hoping to get some advice.  First off, I have chills pretty bad.  No fever, no aches, my breasts do hurt but I just got my milk in and they are a little engorged so I figured thats why.  Now my nipples burn after feedings for a while, but that could be due to other issues which I'll get into later.  Could this be mastitis? Should I pump some off? Wouldn't that just aggravate the issue of having too much milk?   Secondly, I had a little nipple pain,...
The one single thing that has helped me with my SPD is staying off of my feet as much as possible.  Which is nearly impossible with other children, but now I just do things that I can do sitting down (crafts, bubbles, etc). I even have a chair to sit in to cook dinner.  I've been suffering from about 20 weeks, and although I've had this with my other two pregnancies, this pregnancy is by far the worst. Maybe I'm all stretched out from the other two..and I'm sure...
Kim, good point about the bottle...I've never had to thicken so I'm not familiar with that aspect of all of this. I will say that we transitioned from bottles to born free sippy cups as they seem to be very similar to the feel/flow of a bottle and the tip is wider so those may help.   And I totally agree with having an SLP that can gently push boundries. We were specifically assigned to ours due to his strong resistance (on top of the sensory, medical, and emesis issues...
Crunchy momma, no problem! I'm glad it helps you put things together...in fact a LOT of children with sensory issues have these same charecteristics when it comes to eating.    About the bottle, I wouldn't worry about getting her off of it just yet...My DS JUST got off of his bottle and he's two and a half! I look at these children as delayed in feeding, which when you think about it IS a developmental delay, even though it has a cause they are still behind other...
I totally agree that she does seem to have sensory issues.  My son was the exact same way.  He didn't mouth things as a baby, he didn't even babble like a normal baby...but I'd say around a year old he started sensory seeking behavior (eating everything BUT food).  He also stuffs his mouth with too much food (once he submits to eating), which is also a common problem.  It seems counter intuitive to say she has sensory issues, but part of it is they can be on both ends...
My DS had substaintial feeding issues due to reflux, food allergies, sensory issues, and delayed gastric emptying.  I pumped for him for two years (he exclusively relyed on my BM for at least 18 months). We were in therapy over a year and a half, and it was (and still sometimes is) a very long road.    A few thoughts, definately ask for every referal there is at your ped GI appointment.  Some hospitals have programs for feeding issues. Ask about a developmental ped...
Sounds like your child is sensitive to goats milk as well as cows milk.  Waking up screaming at night is a huge symptom for our DS.  I am about to trial goats milk, as he is also sensitive to soy milk and the other milks are inferior, but I suspect he might not be able to tolerate it either.  Soy is a good alternitive if he can have it, but there is the whole estrogen issue with that too, so do your research.   Another alternitive I wanted to mention was EO28...
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issues your having with your son.  I understand it is a difficult decision to medicate, especially at that age.  But I think your reasoning is valid and it is in everyones best intrest for the violence to end.    With that said, my 8 year old is on Risperdone. I know he isn't as young as your child, but the more replies the better I figure.  It has been our miracle drug.  My son, who at the time was dx with ADHD and depression (since...
I'm not sure if they will or not.  I do know that my doctor was very glad I didn't VBAC as I had a lot of adhesions and it took over 40 minutes to get to the baby.  She said if it had been an emergency we would have been in serious trouble...sooo I'm pretty sure she wouldn't let me VBA2C.  Last time I did schedule at 39 w 1d and I regret doing it a little early as baby was 6lbs 14 oz (not that that is a tiny baby, but I think he should have been bigger!).  I will wait...
I'm having a RCS after two c-sections.  My first was due to a failed induction.  I wanted to VBAC my second, but to be honest I chickened out.  Not that a c-section is for the faint of heart.  I hate that I have to have c-sections now, but I made my choices and as long as the baby is fine in the end thats what I'm focusing on.  GL!