or Connect

Posts by song_of_the_soule

Hello mamas! I am a solo mama of 5, all so diverse and unique. I am looking for inspiration in creative living and parenting. We are in a stage of growth and change and I'm looking for ways to keep us happy and strong as a family. We all love art and music
I plan on listening to all of these songs. Thank you for your suggestions. One song that makes me happy is "Better way" by Ben Harper, he's magic you know
Quote: Originally Posted by lolar2 How old are you? I have some songs that I find really happy but I think someone older or younger than me might find them kind of "eh." in my 30s. i do not care for 80s anything, i hate it in fact, especially "born to be wild" type music. everything else is pretty chill tho
That is one thing i never liked, when people answer their children with an "because i said so" type explaination. I have never taken that road, i have always explained things, sometimes to excess. we talk about things openly, like sex, drugs, things like that. I talk to them in a very matter of fact way. If it is not a taboo, then it is easier for them to talk about. I would not deny my child going to a party all her friends were going to unless it was an extreme...
I am trying to make home a happier place so i want to have good music playing more often. What are the happy songs you know? I also love indie,trip hop type music. really, i like most music. What are your thoughts?
The "who would you date" game sounds like a great idea. We kind of do that too. She loves Adam Lambert, Johnny Depp, and Chriss Angel. She is an innocent type girl, but is a little bit of a melancholy artist type. I used to have a lot of artist friends, but i got married in 07 and my whole life changed (that marriage is separated right now.) I like how you illustrated how your daughter's friends were hurt by the same boy because they did not wait to get to know him...
First of all, i would like to apologize for taking sooo long to comment on all your wonderful feedback. I tried a few times, but i have many children who vie for my attention and have very little privacy. I do see the value in group dating and do allow it. My children are permitted to go out as a mixed gender group or go on group dates at the age of 14. I do not allow one on one dating until the age of 16 because i feel they will be more emotionally ready for the...
Hello, i have a 14 yr old daughter who is absolutely beautiful. One of the rules i have is that she is not supposed to date until she is 16. Her father (who lives in another city now) agreed that she would not be allowed to until then, but now said i should let her have a graduation date, hmmmmmm. Wellllll, you see, she just graduated grade eight, and looked perfect for her grad. I do not allow revealing clothes either. Her choice was a long, sparkly, purple gown. She...
Thanks for the tips ladies! i was going to fold them in three and stitch them closed so i do not have to fold them every time, but after hearing about the potential for stink issues, i'll leave them as is.
i read somewhere that some people use the microfiber towels you would find in the automotive section or walmart, folded in three, as a doubler. So i tried it, so far, so good. But what is the benefit of this and how are you supposed to care for the microfiber towels? I got some training pockets from a lady that could be stuffed to make them more like a diaper. The liners she gave me did not hold enough and he wet through, so i went and got a few of these towels and tried...