or Connect

Posts by bobcat

So frustrated!!!! I went through a few days of high anxiety....but that has happened like...20 times or more since I've been breastfeeding! LOL! I wonder if this finally did me in? I was eating less, but that has happened quite a few times too, and it was never an issue. So honestly, I think this is HORMONES. I think my fertility is returning, and that's what's doing it. Does this sound like something that happens? I am frustrated because I feel like I have been doing...
...or is it that loosing supply causes BF'ing more? I have noticed that my son, 10 months old, is suddenly wanting to nurse more often. For awhile we were doing 5 feedings in 24 hours, sometimes 6, and it seemed to be what he would naturally want. Things were going great; he would be so busy playing, he wouldn't think to nurse otherwise! :) We stayed at 5 feedings for quite awhile. Supply was fine. I guess that ended up being nursing about every 3-4 hours, maybe with an 11...
In my mother's class, the instructor said it doesn't count as a first word until they can point to you (or indicate you) and say "mama." Or answer the question, "Who am I?" and they answer "Mama." Hope that helps! :) Most babies say Dada as a first word, but our son is better at Mama.   My son also started saying "mamamamama" and then, finally (after working on it a lot, and making determined faces), "Mama," between 3 and 4 months. He was mimicing me. I noticed when I...
My son (first child) and I have made it 10 months exclusively breastfeeding, with no issues. The past maybe 5 days, I can really tell my supply is tanking fast, seemed sudden, and he is not satisfied when my milk is out. Then he wants to feed all day....even like 30 minutes after he just fed, sometimes even 10 minutes. I can tell he is just not getting enough. :(   Looking for causes for the drop in supply.....I got one period about 3 or so months ago, and just got...
Sage owl, when did you introduce pasta? Do u use wheat noodles? I know pasta sauce can go on other things though!
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I do realize some of those foods have iron...but wasn't sure how much he's getting...I guess I need to add it up. He actually prefers green veggies to cereal. I was using the cereal with the understanding that he isn't ingesting very large quantities of the veggies or beans yet. I probably could do without it, though. The idea of needing supplements with such a good diet is counterintuitive. I think a lot if babies probably do need it though, in...
Remember that grapes are a choking hazard. For that reason, blueberries scare me too!!
We do tons of veggies, but those are more self explanatory. The best website I have found, hands down, is wholesomebabyfood dot com. It has answered all my questions about when to introduce. Baby led weaning was not my cup of tea. Too much effort for things he is just gonna knaw on? I needed to get the food into him!!!! My kid was really hungry and wanting more than just breastmilk. He would beg for our food but was too going to eat like an adult!!!
Oh, cooked egg yolk is excellent for babies, but my son must have an allergy because he throws up all day when he eats it I was so bummed!!!
I purée cooked chicken breast and then mix that into puréed sweet potato with a spoon. You can also make patties out of ground turkey and bake them, then either crumble or purée. The texture of the meats can be chalky, so another purée mixed with, helps. Red lentils, I soaked for a few hours, then cooked, then had to purée actually. He doesn't do great with veggie skins. We used great northern beans....but so far he likes lentils more. The beans you soak overnight before...