or Connect

Posts by bobcat

In the first trimester, I didn't drank much caffeine.....maybe a cup of green tea a day. Didn't want to miscarry! One thing you guys should know about me, is that I have chronic fatigue syndrome and sleep apnea/daytime drowsiness, so just in general, pregnant or not, it's tough for me to function during the day. I was a coffee drinker before getting pregnant.   So around week 12 I had family come into town and REALLY needed to be able to function, at least on a small...
I know many here cosleep, but we will have our baby sleep in his crib from day 1. At least that is the plan. I have a few sleep disorders, so it is definitely the best decision for us.   Anyways, I am looking for a brand or website that sells a fitted crib sheet that is a little different....maybe something with a modern but cute pattern in orange, green, or yellow. Something with an earthy feel.   I'm also looking for a website that sells baby stuff in general...
Update: Everything seems okay. My blood pressure was 128/78, I believe. They said they were happy it had gone down. They checked my cervix and it still looked great. She said the cramps were probably just the uterus stretching, and not to worry too much about it, but that whenever I was worried by cramping, that I could come in. I am actually going back in another day again so they can double check my BP and my urine.   THANKS!!!
Thank you!!! They called me back finally and asked me to come in (west coast time over here). These posts actually make me feel better, because I was wondering if I was overreacting over some cramping. It's a long drive, so I wanted to be sure before I went in!   I will let you guys know what happens. The back pain seems to get worse when I stand and do things. Right now it's moreso mid to upper back.   I have been a little concerned the cramps could be my GI,...
Also, in addition to monitoring me yesterday (when they saw I was contracting), they then checked my cervix and said everything was great. They also checked the baby and the fluid via ultrasound and it was all great. The only concern I really have is that yesterday I wasn't feeling cramps during that, and today I am.   Can coffee cause cramping? I am exhausted so I am drinking a little now, and the cramping may be a little worse now.
Thank you. So when are contractions a reason to go into the doctor? I am just not sure when to worry vs when they are a normal part of pregnancy.
I have been pregnant 3 times, and all 3 times we were actively trying to NOT get pregnant, through marking on calendars when my period is, observing my symptoms loosely, and mainly using condoms 60-90% of the time, with withdrawl the other 10-40% of the time when we felt we were far away from ovulation (depends on the year, slowly we got more confident with withdrawl). Then with this third pregnancy, we were a little more ready, so we moved to DTD unprotected maybe 1-3...
Hi everyone. I have been going to a normal OB, and she is great. My last appointment was only 2-2.5 weeks ago, and my BP was what it always is....low 100's over...something. So maybe 100, 102. Well yesterday I had another appointment and it was 130/80, so they tested it again in 30 minutes, after asking me to calm down, etc, and it was 138/80. So they did one of those monitoring things where they make sure the baby isn't in distress (measure his heartrate for 20 minutes,...
Hi, everyone. A little clueless here. I am pregnant with my first baby (a boy), and I find myself really confused by the clothes out there that I need to add to my registries at Target and Babies R Us (yes, not glamourous, but that's where I'm registering). I don't care too much about what's cute, though of course that's fun....I am just wondering what I need. What is comfortable for the baby. What is easy for diaper changes (we'll be using disposables). What is easy in...
With this pregnancy, I ovulated on either CD 6 or 7 (and I never chart, etc, but I have conceived before around day 14). When I had my pregnancy hormone tested by blood, early in the pregnancy, it was REALLY high, considering when my last period had been, so my doctor ordered a very early ultrasound in case it was a molar pregnancy (some kind of tumor that causes hormones to release). In my mind, I knew we had ONLY had unprotected sex around day 6.....so I when I found...