or Connect

Posts by bobcat

New to this thread. I was thinking of starting a thread somewhere with prayer intentions, or looking for one, but then I saw this. Would this be an appropriate place to ask? Or is there a prayer thread?   I am only asking because I really feel I need the help, and I truly believe in the power of prayer.   Lately I have really been struggling with obsessive thought patterns, just about ridiculous things.....like things we need to buy around here....reasons why this...
Just looking for any tips or support you have. Taking meds is not appropriate right now, because we are going to try for another baby. Fish oil helps! So do vitamins. But I am mainly wondering how you get through the day. I beat myself up for not being the best Mom, when my anxiety takes focus away from my child. I do my best, but I need to do better. How do you get over the hump  of repetitive thoughts that are unproductive, and move on with your day? 
I have a lot of anxiety about a lot of things. The fact that you brought up your anxiety in this post, leads me to believe, based on MY experience talking to people and posting here, that you know it's a factor in the decision.....and you probably need someone to tell you to just get over it! :) That said, only you can make the decision. If you know that is what you need, a nudge......here it is.....   I had a hard time with it too. I kinda forced myself to do it,...
Thanks, this makes me feel better. Just having someone to talk about it with, someone to listen, and to bounce ideas around.    Still not sure what we will do, just putting it on the back-burner for a day or two. Thank you so very much. Will respond more when I have more ideas about what we may do. If I am stressing again, I may post again, to sort out my thoughts. :)
Wanted to hear what "been there done that" women think. :) I am exclusively breastfeeding and my son is 7 months. I have had sore breasts, been tired and hormonal, and "knew" that I was going to get my period or I am pregnant (one of the two). Pregnancy tests have been negative. Then finally today, I had some brown-tinged mucus, once, and nothing else all day. Pregnancy tests are still negative, but I think that is not uncommon if I am just now having implantation...
I have posted on here before about a few issues with OCD, etc that I have. However, there is some truth to the problem I'm having with this couch issue, so I'm hoping someone can take what I say, and maybe tell me why "it's okay"? Right now I can't stop thinking of the negatives, and I am dragging myself down.....over something silly? nonetheless....   So both of the couches in our house (we have a family room and a living room) are very firm and modern. I insisted on...
My son has started pulling himself up about 2 months ahead of schedule. Not that the timing matters much, but I feel ill-prepared, and it's hard to keep up with him! I sometimes feel like no one can relate. He seems to be hitting these milestones pretty quickly, and I am struggling to keep him entertained. I was wondering what I can do to keep him happy and stimulated. He is a little explorer and a little escape artist. I guess all parents go through this issue, but I...
This reminds me of myself as a child, in some ways. And yes, I can remember being very young, because, like your daughter, I was very "aware." I was aware that women were treated differently than men. I was aware that greed for material posessions was why some adults were slaves to their 9-5 jobs. I was aware that true happiness would always be out of my reach, and that what was promised to us as children would never truly be fulfilled. I had my books memorized by the time...
Thanks! well, I ordered the fleece one....but it ended up being the wrong size, and now that I have thought about it more, I am going to just put two pairs of his cotton pants on him. He also received a fleece jacket as a gift, so I will make that work Thank you for the ideas! It sounds like he'll be okay. I may get the weather shield for our jogging stroller, so his face doesn't get chapped
ps--I am going to get him a nice hat with ear flaps, and the bunting will have the fold-over fabric for his arms and feet, so I think those will be "covered" for chilly temps.   My son is crazy-active already, and hates being cooped up in the house all day. I am trying to help the poor kid out by giving him some outdoor time, even now! :)