or Connect

Posts by bobcat

THanks for replies.   Maggie, I think those suggesitons may work and may be what's going on. I think maybe the babbling is turning into frustrated overstimulation. And I think maybe propping him up so he can see other things may help. However, it could be some teething too....a combo.   Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :)
My son is almost 5 months old, and for the past maybe 2 weeks he cries/moans/vocalizes while using any teething toy. I asked this therapist that leads our mommy and me if that means he is teething, and she didn't seem to think "yes", but didn't know. The fact that she had not heard of that made me less confidant that that is what's going on. I think it is either teething, or frustration. Which is it? Thoughts?   He only really cries and seems uncomfortable if he has any...
I have gotten something like this, maybe it's the same thing.   In the first few weeks, I would sometimes notice a CRAZY bad headache HIT ME like a ton of bricks, while nursing. I guess it was hormones moving around. Sometimes some depression or irritability would hit too while nursing, even now at 4 months.   I have had depression, diagnosed as bipolar II at one point, and also have OCD, have experienced general anxiety too in my life. Right now it's not too bad,...
Thanks! Yeah, I figured I would pump and dump until the anesthesia drugs wear off, and the painkillers will likely be okay with breastfeeding. My understanding is that they use a lot of NSAIDs like ibuprofen and tylenol.   My husband and I aren't great at using birth control, and who knows when I'll be fertile again, so I figure that it would be better to do the surgery when the baby is 6-8 months, then worry about getting pregnant again, which would push the surgery...
Hi everyone. When I found out I was pregnant, I was scheduled to get the UPPP procedure for my sleep apnea, which is a tonsilectomy, but they also take out the uvula (dangley thing in back of throat), and some other tissue at the back of the throat.    Surgery got postponed indefinitely, and my baby is now 4 months old. We are exclusively breastfeeding. I have a pump, but I hate using it (causes my supply to go wayyyy high, and I worry he is only then getting foremilk...
Strange things are still going on. Still been nauseous every day too. Haven't taken another test since before I had that spotting, but now I think I'm going to. Yesterday I had some coffee, along with a little bit of espresso (1 shot). This is a normal amount for me, and I've been doing it really since the first few weeks postpartum. But, yesterday I did NOT handle it well. That night, wayyy later (16 hours?) I was in bed, trembling! I was thinking, what's going on? Then...
ps--she said she wasn't worried if he doesn't get Rotavirus vaccine. She said they don't really give it beyond 8 months, and if he doesn't get it before that, it's alright, because he is not really at risk of dying from dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea if we have access to emergency care....which in the U.S., we do! And of course I would take him in to the ER if he shows symptoms. Those were my thoughts anyways, but she confirmed them.
Well, it was a really interesting appointment. I already knew this pediatrician was a good listener and not the type to put forth any pressure, but I was worried that would change. It didn't!   She said, first off, that she has plenty of parents who are hesitant, and that is fine. She said that I'm the parent, and it isn't her job to be the parent. She said it's her job to let me know about the vaccines, to let me know the risks, the information, etc. She said the...
Jen, that is interesting.   Yeah, maybe it was just some random spotting associated with breastfeeding and the uterus shrinking back down, etc. It is gone now, so it wasn't a period. I have been nauseous still, however. I am wondering if it is from drinking more coffee.   I may take a couple more pregnancy tests, just to be sure, but I really don't want to go buy them....they are so pricey. I could use that money for something we actually need or want. I hate the...
(warning: slightly graphic description/blood) I stopped my postpartum bleeding around 5 weeks finally, and I thought, "phew, that's over." Well, now I am about 8 1/2 weeks, and having what seems like implantation bleeding (some red specks/threads on an applicator when using a vaginal moisturizer, then today, some brown tinged mucus).   I was just wondering if this kind of thing is common, or unusual? I'm EXCLUSIVELY breastfeeding! I have had morning nausea for about...