or Connect

Posts by bobcat

Let me give better advice: I have never driven to Oxnard, but based on my knowledge of the freeways, getting to Oxnard will be much much easier than Redondo. So live as close to Redondo as possible, if you want the commute times to be even for both people. Going towards Oxnard on the 1 or the 101 in the mornings will be the easy side of the road (opposite of the majority). Going towards Redondo from any of those places will be rough.....I'd pick Santa Monica. But it also...
Oh, wow. Those are two commutes! Honestly, I would not advice two people to live in the same house and do those two commutes every day. I mean, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but that is going to be much worse than it looks on paper (or on a map). Right now, the 405 is under construction so it's worse than usual. It has been worse the past 6 months, so any forums that are dated before that, are not accurate. The construction will probably go at least another year,...
mnj....I like your advice above.   I guess the hard part is, deciding how to ask someone to actually hang out again. That is the thing I struggle with. Will I sound creepy? But again, it's all about just being grateful for the exeperience of meeting someone even briefly.
I understand all these issues. I have a 1 month old, and am debating what to use my limited energy on. Meetup groups? The classes that you pay for, in the backroom at those overpriced baby boutique stores? Going to churches, even if I am not necessarily "ultra" religious, just "kinda"? Or just trying to "pick up" moms at the park or a coffee shop? That is what I call it to my husband, trying to pick up friends.   Sometimes I feel like the people I see out and about,...
I have a 1 month old, and bought the Ergo and the infant insert, but haven't used either yet. We pulled out the insert one day, and my hubby strapped it all on. It seemed okay....meaning not great but not awful....couldn't decide how I felt about it. I was more worried about him having enough neck support even with the insert....nothing seemed too solid around the neck. Was also worried about his chin tilting down, because there is a warning about that in the...
Thanks! I am starting to think it's just me.....I think the main problem is my back, when trying to hold him....my arms might be okay if my back could support his weight more. I dunno what to do. :( I feel like it's affecting how much time I spend bonding with him. My back starts killing me, so I have to put him in his crib or his bouncy seat, but it breaks my heart to do that. :( He doesn't like it either. :(   I have an Ergo but haven't started using it yet. I have...
I know this sounds like an odd question, for something so simple.   I have a bad back, so that is a separate issue, but we are working on it (getting orthotics, re-using the crocs I stopped using, standing on mats instead of hard surfaces, etc).   My dear son is 4 weeks old, and I still haven't really found the perfect way to sit with him, to chill and bond. Right now my nursing chair is the Ikea Poang, which reclines me back somewhat, and "bounces" a little. It...
Thanks. :)   I guess I am just having a moment, and needed something to pick apart, so I chose the innocent onesie. :)  To the poster who mentioned gifts.....it IS frustrating when you get a lot of something that you don't use! I can see why that makes me sound ungrateful; but I think I just hate waste.
On a lighter note............I can't figure this out for the life of me. My baby is 4 weeks old. I have a ton of them, all gifts, but don't use them. When I got home from the hospital, the idea of snapping something over his crotch seemed weird to me, so I stuck with the tees. If it's hot, it seems like his white tee shirts with the diaper are easier than a onesie with a diaper. Correct? Then if I want something on his legs (pants or shorts), why would I want that...
Hello,   We just had our first baby, and I don't think we will vaccinate, because I had an adverse reaction to a vaccine about 5 years ago. I was wondering what the rules (and laws) are like for schools in California. Both for pre-K/nursery schools at places like a local church, then also for public schools (Los Angeles) and private schools. We aren't sure where in LA we will be living when he starts Kindergarten, or if we will do public or private...