or Connect

Posts by katiecornflakes

Sparkle - That's a tough one! I think I would interview the CNM and if I liked her I would do that. The hospital makes such a difference. A freestanding birth center is such a great option. It's hard when you like your provider, though. You might find you love the CNM, though. I loved the switch to midwifery. Hapers - Do you think you'll have an early scan? I just read an interesting study about placental location being predictive of gender on 6-8 week scans. The...
Hapersmion- I just saw on the other thread that you delivered at the farm! I'd be so interested to hear about that. Sleepy - hugs. It's so hard not to find reasons to stress about all of this. I am sending you lots of healthy baby vibes!
Welcome to all the new mamas!! My mom comes into town tomorrow. I am so excited to tell her! Check out the card I made for her. I think I'll have to wait until the kids go to bed to give it to her since we aren't telling them yet and she'll probably freak. She gets in at lunchtime so it'll be a long afternoon!
Chuord - big hugs! Definitely have a glass of wine and some sushi. Take that AF! CLS - I agree it doesn't look like you've ovulated yet but don't stress. There's time. My DD was conceived on CD22 and all was well. There's time! Oxford - I put so much stock in that meter thing for a few months, putting in all my symptoms to see the score. But then I realized I wasn't actually changing the outcome, just getting more stressed! I agree it should just list some positive...
Hi everyone! I'd love to join in here. I'm Kate, 6 weeks tomorrow. This is pregnancy #3 for me. Thankfully I've never had issues, other than really scary shoulder dystocia with DD, but I work in an ER and almost every shift I see women losing their babies in early pregnancy. It's made the last few weeks really, really hard for me. I'm trying to remind myself that I can't do anything to change the outcome so I need to try to enjoy things as much as I can. This is likely our...
Vaquitita, my DS is in preschool now but we are planning to HS them and we will start this summer/fall. I (and DH!) totally worry about how that will go with a newbie and then a toddler running around. I'm hoping there's just enough inherent flexibility in HSing that we will sort it out.
I definitely looked at the piles of clean laundry this afternoon and promptly took a nap! I really was going to deal with it, I swear. Whoops. I feel a little bad but my DH is a SAHD ad this kind of thing doesn't really bother him. It actually bothers me a lt more. Over te last few years we have come to an understanding that some things just don't get done to my standards. So this really isn't any different. Lol. I have been overall feeling pretty good. This morning I got...
I definitely looked at the piles of clean laundry this afternoon and promptly took a nap! I really was going to deal with it, I swear. Whoops. I feel a little bad but my DH is a SAHD ad this kind of thing doesn't really bother him. It actually bothers me a lt more. Over te last few years we have come to an understanding that some things just don't get done to my standards. So this really isn't any different. Lol. I have been overall feeling pretty good. This morning I got...
Whoo hoo!