or Connect

Posts by quiminco

I get the same thing. Eating bananas helps (bananas contain a lot of the electrolytes needed for muscle conduction... I could give you the full medical spiel, but that's probably overkill). Make sure you're getting enough water, too.
Anyone have experience with using the Implanon/Nexplanon birth control implant?   Using natural family planning is out of the question due to the fact that I'm in nursing school and my SO is teaching full-time plus finishing his second master's degree (plus there's a three year old afoot)- I track my periods, but just don't have the capacity to monitor my basal temp, cervical mucus changes, etc. For various reasons I can't use an IUD or birth control that contains...
Hi all   Has anyone else experience a pregnancy where the HPT took way longer than normal to show positive? I know sometimes a pregnancy will produce very low levels of hCG, I'm just wondering how many other women have actually experienced this.
GMDs are awesome! The more you wash them, the softer they get. They also don't hang on to stains too badly, either. Gerber prefolds are garbage.
Every time my son poops, it comes out the sides. I'm using the "angel wing" folding method. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep the poop contained?
Take a look at the pull-on covers at GreenMountainDiapers: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/...htm#doubleknit
For prepping, you can also boil the diapers for about 12 minutes to save a ton on water bills (I boil, rinse, boil one more time then dry on hot. They aren't completely prepped at that point, but you can start using them without a problem. They continue to quilt up with subsequent washes). Even though the wetness seeps through after one pee, the prefolds will hold a decent amount. Karen has a great tutorial about cloth diapering on the Green Mountain Diaper...
My son is 7 months old, big time nurser, and super heavy wetter as well. I found that the hemp doubles from Hemp Babies (I got them at CottonBabies.com) definitely helped. Have you looked into wool longies? I haven't used them but they've been recommended to me by several other moms. With the disposables, I have heard that putting one of those super-ultra overnight menstrual pads (the unscented ones) into the front of the diaper helps, though I can't vouch for it...
Also... (I forgot this in my previous post ) I would suggest getting at least 18, if not a full two dozen. Tender preemie skin is much more susceptable to rashes and irritation, so you'll need to change change change that baby, and you don't want to be doing laundry every day. Natural fibers, such as cotton and hemp (though I have heard that hemp can be slightly allergenic to some), are great because you can boil to disinfect them; no messing with bleach and...
My son was also a preemie; they grow so fast that we just used disposables until he was big enough to fit into the bumGenius diapers (at around 6 weeks old). Green Mountain Diapers has an AIO that fits as small as 4 pounds: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/allinone.htm Mommy's Touch also makes a preemie AIO, but I couldn't find anywhere that had it in stock. A nice thing about using prefolds is they are easy to come by in preemie size, and they make great...