or Connect

Posts by pdxcdingmomma

s s s I'm so so very sorry for what you're going through. Death is only sad for those left behind - that's why I'm terrified of losing my parents. I have absolutely no advice for you - except maybe hug your baby a little tighter, and know your mother lives in you and what you pass on to your children of her.
Another note - probiotics have seemed to help a little bit. I went to New Seasons, and a woman helped me out, and got me a bottle of All-Flora (75 pills for $22.95 ) So they're capsules with powder inside, I break one open, empty half the pill into a little dish, add enough water to make it liquidy, and use a medicine dropper to get it into DD's mouth. She actually seems to like it, and quiets down immediately after taking it. Granted, she'll get fussy later on, but it...
I'll throw my experience in here - DD started this stuff about 1 1/2 weeks ago, after PERFECT behavior up til then. At night, nurse til she's just pissed, then scream and be generally unhappy for about 3 hours til she passes out from exhaustion. My boys didn't do this, so it was all new and unwelcome to me. After lots of tears and frustration, I think I've discovered she's just exhausted but can't get to sleep, and here's my solution: One time, when I was so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quagmire Wow holy weight gain thread! When did everyone's milk come in? Well, it would appear mine came in as butter (), but it was about day 3.
Birth: 6 lbs., 18.5 inches Left hospital: 5 lbs., 13 oz. 5 day check up: 6 lbs., 3 oz., 19.25 inches 2.5 weeks old: 7 lbs., 15 oz, 20 inches Yay! Oh, and she was 3 weeks early I imagine she's around 9 pounds right now - finally fitting into newborn clothes!
So sorry about all this, Mama. FWIW, it sounds like normal regression due to baby. Unfortunately, I don't have much advice - my 4 1/2 year old loves his new baby sister, but has started pooping his pants after 1 year of totally successful toilet training. I guess my only help is that it sounds normal and will probably resolve itself - though there probably are methods to help the kids through this. Anyone else have advice?
Just a tip - solarveil is fabulously lightweight and all, but it's scratchy. I've heard it softens up with repeated washings, but mine isn't there yet. I have to put a burp rag or something between DD's face and the solarveil. Just my .02.
Quick vote for a wrap, there's GypsyMama for gauze, Moby, etc. for stretch, or just get yourself 5 yards of fabric - gauze or cotton knit would be good for this time of year - about 22"-35" wide and do the front wrap cross carry. DD sleeps in there all the time. I've also worn her on my back in the wrap. Check out Wear Your Baby for all sorts of helpful wrapping tips and other baby wearing. Also, a cotton pouch (whether stretch or not) is indispensible for the...
Just a quick note: MaraJade Arden was born June 30 at 5:16 am. 6 lbs., 0 oz., 18 1/2 inches long. Went to hospital on the 29th at about 5:00 pm, was dilated to 5 and 90% effaced, having pretty painful contrax with walking, midwife broke my water at 10 pm, spent lots of time in the tub and on the bed (was too weak and tired to even try the ball or walking anymore), at 3 am received some IV drugs, but no epidural this time, at 5:00 am was almost complete and having...
Well, I'm feeling a little testy, but I thought I'd post anyway. I've been off bedrest and meds for about a week now, contractions have never stopped, I have between 8 and 13 every hour. MW appt. yesterday showed I'm 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced, with baby's head still down low. She stripped my membranes, DH and I BD'd last night, etc. Today I still hurt, still contracting, but not any more intense than they've ever been - just another stinking day. This all...