or Connect

Posts by crl

I've ordered from 5 or 6 different sellers and always gotten my order in a timely manner. I only order from sellers who have been on Etsy for a while (a year or more) and who have a lot of positive feedback. I also pay with a credit card so in addition to disputing through paypal, I could dispute with my credit card company if I ever had a problem. I was a little confused the first time I ordered that Etsy didn't take my payment information, but then realized I had...
Well, I think I'd be calling the police. Trespassing, etc, etc. If you want to catch them dumping stuff in your yard, you could look into a video camera. Catherine
My parents have at times. When we were first married and relatively broke, they offered to pay for out tickets home at Christmas. DH insisted that we should pay for our own. So my parents gave me cash slightly in excess of the amount of our tickets in my stockings (hey, I get my stubborn streak from somewhere). They usually do give us some cash at Christmas when we visit, although as we've gotten better off financially the amount isn't usually enough to cover our...
DH's had his lunch bought by some vets who were in town (DC) for Rolling Thunder. DH was in the Marine Corps at the time, and though not in uniform, they recognized the hair cut and chatted with him a bit. They left first and when he went to pay, the cashier told him the vets had already paid for his. He was awfully pleased. Catherine
I have lived in places with and without ceiling lights in the living room. I prefer to have one--you can always turn it off if you'd rather use lamps, so I don't see how it's a negative to have one. Catherine
CPS. Immediately. I would think you are a mandated reporter so you really have no choice. That is also likely the fastest response. Catherine
I was going to suggest Landsend or Athleta. You also might see if Title 9 has anything. Catherine
Thank you all. Catherine
Hi all, Sorry I haven't been around lately. I did want to let you know that our baby girl was born on April 5, weighing 8 pounds and 11 ounces. She's healthy and we brought her home on the 7th. The birthmother signed her relinquishment paperwork last week after being discharged from the hospitall. So, about 4 years and 4 processes later, our daughter is home. We're all thrilled! Catherine
I voted sometimes. I don't think I usually say please when I place my order. I say something like "I'd like a hamburger and fries." I guess I think of please as more asking for a favor? I do often say please when I ask for other stuff, like "another soda, please?" I do say thank you when the food arrives and when drinks are refilled. (BTW I'm from Missouri and live in SF now too. We used to live in DC and once we drove from DC to MO. DH thought it was...