or Connect

Posts by heatheresc

I'd like to join! I have a 5 day old who is 7 lbs 7oz and I live in the US.
106 days for me! Getting down under 100 days makes it seem like it's really going to be here soon! This is one of my favorite pregnancy websites from back when I was pregnant with DS. And the cool thing is, if you bookmark it, every time you come back it will pop up to where you are that day. For DS, it now tells me how many days it has been since his due date--over 1,000 now! =)  
Sorry you're feeling stressed about this PGNPortland! I am sure everything will turn out well, but I know it is hard not to worry when you don't hear anything!   Last week I had a consultation with the midwife I'm hoping to use, and I caved and asked her to use the Doppler (normally I prefer fetoscope), although I was only 9 weeks, and she couldn't find the HB. I really wished I hadn't asked her to do that, because I would be less worried now, even though it is very...
Amandalynn, ditto to the recommendation for Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering. That was probably my favorite book out of all the ones I read last time. It was good explaining the science/health aspects of it but also had such a warm feel and I loved reading the author's birth stories (although I wouldn't want to copy some of her birth experiences!). Anything that leads to freaking out should be tossed immediately!  
I noticed some of you are reading homeschool books--me too! I have Elizabeth Foss's book, but haven't gotten too far in it yet. I start to lose motivation when I am reading books that seem too far down the road to be applicable...but I want to read that one! I'm currently reading The Year of Learning Dangerously: Adventures in Homeschooling by Quinn Cummings. It's a funny memoir of a woman's experiences when she first pulled her daughter out of school and tried to figure...
Jumping into this thread--I've heard good things about the Anna Karenina movie from a reviewer in the UK! Can't wait to see it here, although I don't know why Keira Knightly is the go-to actress for every literary movie these days!   Right now I'm reading Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs, subtitled "One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection." It's a really funny book and perfect for anyone who enjoys reading books about health, scientific studies, etc!   I...
I know this is an old thread, but if you see this, Sarah, I was wondering if you would mind either posting here or PMing me about your CNM. I'm pregnant and will be moving to the D.C. area before the baby is born, and hoping for a homebirth or freestanding birth center birth. I was looking at Birthcare in Alexandria--is that who you used? TIA!  
Hi, I'd like to officially join the group! I "know" some of you from the Nursing mamas TTC, and I'm so glad to be over here now! =)   EDD (feel free to use beginning/middle/end of month, if you prefer) May 26 Your Name: (if you would like to share) Heather Age: 34 State or Country: PA, but that will be changing before the baby arrives! How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8 months What number child is this for you: 2 Family (partner,...
Congratulations, aunaturalmama!!   Jr's mom, I hope this month works out for you! I think it's great that you want more than 4--that's what I'd love to have, too!   Well, it looks like I can be added to success stories too! I got a BFP on my birthday, after getting a BFN at 10 DPO! We were traveling, and I forgot to bring any tests, so I didn't test again until 15 DPO, by which point I was really, really hopeful!I got an early positive with my son, so I thought I...
Congrats, Newmama! That's so exciting!   I'm 12 DPO today, but I'm pretty sure AF is on teh way. =(