or Connect

Posts by heatheresc

I'm guessing that you don't temp? That is the best way I know of to see if you've ovulated. Usually I get a clockwork temp rise of about .4 degrees, although it hasn't happened this month, so I am in the same boat of being confused and wondering when I will start a new cycle. =(   Have you had a lot of stress this month? That can delay it...  
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the condolences, LivingSky! My chart has gotten even worse since I posted on Thursday. Friday my temp went slightly up, and FertilityFriend decided I ovulated last Sunday, which would've been pretty good, timing wise. But today my temp was down really low, so they gave me this warning that they were going to recalculate, and took away my cross-hairs! On the plus side, they offered me a few days free subscription to the VIP version....
Hi ladies,   I'd like to join the group! I am nursing my DS, 28 months, and I'm on my 6th PP cycle. We've been trying to conceive ever since, but unfortunately, my husband had radiation for thyroid cancer right as my cycles returned, and that can temporarily lower sperm count. =( However, it's been 6 months now, so we're hoping he should be back to normal soon. Anyways, I need somewhere to talk about this stuff w/o boring everyone around me!   Also, I am having a...
I've used coconut oil and avocado oil on my 2 year old w/o seeing much improvement. However, once I started giving him 2 droppers of evening primrose oil a day, his skin completely cleared up! He eats lots of avocado, eggs, coconut oil and other good fats, but those haven't helped like that has.
I was in a similar position at 21 months and decided to nightwean. Two weeks into it, I had my PPAF! So hang in there, it may not be that long! =)
I am so sorry for your news, rhombus. You will be in my prayers. There are many women who have carried babies to term who were not expected to live long afterwards. This website, www.benotafraid.net, is for parents who have received a poor prenatal diagnosis. Maybe it can help you feel less alone. Here is another one: http://www.mychildmygift.com/serious_prenatal_diagnosis_discussion_forum.htm
It is not in the Montessori spirit to leave your child alone and let him cry to sleep! That may be the American perspective of some Montessori authors and teachers, but here is what Maria Montessori wrote in her book, The Child in the Family, p. 27-28:   Yes, children love adults deeply.  When the child goes to bed he must do so in the company of someone he loves.  But the person he loves thinks: “This nonsense must stop.  We’ll spoil him if we stay close to him...
Glad to hear you're doing well, P&L! Praying for your situation.
Yes, I've heard the Marquette method is best for breastfeeding, too. I haven't used it (yet), but I believe there is a device you buy for somewhere between $100-200 that will analyze your saliva for signs of fertility? So it is possibly a bit more reliable/better at limiting the times of abstinence. And yes, some people do wait until phase III if they want to be really careful. I think I saw a thread in the fertiity forum about that recently--questioning the first 5 days...
I have a 20 month old about your son's size. We use a little lions or under the nile fitted diaper with a doubler and a thinner fitted diaper inside of it, inside a Disana wool cover. That works pretty well, although sometimes he will wake up and want to be changed in the middle of the night, and that helps, too! =)   I'll watch this thread b/c he is starting to outgrow the fitted diapers we have, except the under the nile, so I am looking to buy some more.