or Connect

Posts by PinkBlue

Happy to help!   I'm working on teaching myself about money and I've been working on a money blog website that I might share here once I get some more content going and feel a bit less shy about it.  I've had to teach myself so much about money since getting divorced.  I was the one paying the bills before but there was always a 'safety net' of having two incomes and a lot of wiggle room.  Once I had to start planning for my own future on my own - I started to really...
I don't know the best way to invest a large sum of money (although it's a nice problem to have) and I'm sure if you asked 10 people you would get 10 different opinions.  I am no expert but I'll share a few things I have learned.   - if you haven't maxed out your RRSPs it might be something you want to look into.  You get the tax savings right away and it might make sense if you are currently in a higher income bracket.  However I do believe if you have a big chunk it...
Eirual - a TFSA doesn't have an interest rate.  It's much like an RRSP in that it's more like a bucket that you can put investments of all kinds into.  I have my emergency fund in a TFSA savings account (which doesn't earn much interest) but you could also hold Mutual Funds or ETFs or GICs in your TFSA.   However depending on how aggressive you are you will probably use up your TFSA room pretty quickly as I think the max right now is around $27,500 per person and...
I'm in for this as well.  I did a big clean out of my closet today.   For Sale: 1: Book on CD, 2: Necklace, 3: Headlamp, 4: Snow pants, 5: Tablecloth and napkins, 6: Down vest   Freecycle: 1: plastic drawer, 2: Four plastic drawers   Garbage: 1: Two grocery bags of garbage, 2: 50 wire hangers, 3: old mapbook, 4: 3 shirts, 5: duffel bag, 6: swim cap, 6: present with my name spelled wrong, 7: track pants, 8: curtains, 9: old jeans, 10: t-shirt, 11: old...