or Connect

Posts by Laurski

Finally checking back in after a long time away--great to see so many wonderful updates about all of your little ones!    Congratulations to Sere and nilatti on your pregnancies and to Amanda on your amazing weight loss!   I don't have news nearly that exciting, but it's still exciting to me--we bought a house!  We've been living here for a little over a month now.  The best part is that the backyard came with a swing set/play structure, so Ellie loves to go...
Congrats, PinkBunch!  That's wonderful news!   So that makes, what, 3 people in our DDC who are pregnant?  Or am I missing some?  So exciting!   (We're actually talking about TTC in June or so...my cycles are still all over the place, so who knows how long it will take.  Never thought I'd even be *considering* another one given how challenging DD's first 9 months were...)   I just love, love, love the toddler stage so much.  Even tantrums are not so bad,...
Amanda--the picture of Lila with Santa Claus is cracking me up.  I love how she's looking at him with such suspicion! After all my handwringing a few months ago about Ellie's 2 or 3 word vocabulary (what can I say?  I'm such a prototypical first time parent...), we've had a language *explosion* in the past few weeks.  It's almost as if she hit 16 months and decided we were finally worthy of being talked to.  Ha!    In other exciting news, she's finally getting...
A giant .   DD was such a crappy sleeper to begin with that, with night-nursing, I thought I was going to lose my mind.   Night weaning was my savior.  I didn't follow any specific plan (although was going to use Jay Gordon if our rocking her in her car seat (since she used to sleep in that at night) didn't work.   I really hope you get some sleep soon.  I felt like a human being again once DD was STTN!  Good luck!
Just1More: Congratulations!  That's wonderful news!   ROM: Ellie's working on molars before eyeteeth too!  She has the top and bottom molars on her left side (the bottom one coming in was horrible--painful and bloody for awhile) and she's definitely working on her bottom right molar.   As for nursing--we're down to 2x a day.  First thing in the morning and right before bed at night.  I love the pre-bedtime nursing (except for the biting, which happens when she...
Congrats, Mae!  That's so exciting!   ROM--Your daughter is so gorgeous, and you take lovely pictures!   Ellie finally has some words--started saying "mama"  (usually meaning me, but sometimes just when she wants something), "dada," "ba" for ball and "baba" for banana.  And lots of emphatic head nodding and shaking.  It's funny--I posted on here about being worried, then a week later she had 4 words in a weekend..I think she just wanted to make me stress out. ...
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the reassurance.  I'd write more, but am nak'ing my poor sick baby (stomach thing, now starring vomit!) to sleep.  night all!
Ellie likes to tantrum like Ozzy!  She'll sit down and hit her head on the floor repeatedly, OR throw herself backwards.  (Apparently I used to do the throwing-self-backwards thing when I was a toddler too...)  Now I try to circumvent head damage by laying her down on the floor when I think she's going to tantrum--sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  No bloody lips (yet) fortunately! She's also into everything...and the more likely something is to maim, damage, or...
Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions!   I was hoping to avoid the footed fleece pjs, since DD seemed to overheat in those last winter, but maybe now that she's a bit older we'll try again.  I wish we could use sleep sacks, but I think she would freak out if her legs felt at all restricted.  Blankets are an interesting idea, but I think she may be too much of an active sleeper to keep them on.  I'm definitely going to look into wool top/pants...   Thanks...
  I was poking around the forums and while I feel there is much in your post that is problematic (problem being from your end, not the new kids' behavior), I wanted to tell you how incredibly offensive I find this part of your post.  You're perpetuating the mythology that adopted kids are "damaged goods" who are some how fundamentally damaged in way that those who live with their parents of origin are not.   The fact that they may be adopted (or may not be; how do you...