or Connect

Posts by Laurski

Howdy all!   I'm looking for suggestions as to what to put on my 13 month old DD at night to keep her warm.  We live in an apartment, and the building heat hasn't yet been turned on, and with the temps as low as they've been the past few nights, our apartment is cold!  She's been waking up in the wee hours of the morning more lately, which I think is attributable to her being chilly.    So, I'm wondering what y'all put on your little ones to keep them from...
I daytime weaned Ellie at just about a year, b/c work was starting again and I knew I wouldn't have any way of pumping anymore.  She's down to nursing 2x a day: first thing in the morning and last thing before bed.   We were down to about 5x a day by the time I daytime weaned her; she was nursing 1st thing in the morning, before each nap (2x a day), once between her second nap and dinner, then before bed.  I started out by cutting out the before dinner nursing...
We also have a one year old and a tiny apartment, and we just bought the Aprica Presto.  It folds up super tiny and even stands on its own.  DD seems to like it so far, and she's a fussy kiddo.  Folding/unfolding it takes a bit of getting used to, and the sunshade's a bit smaller than I would have liked, but the seat sits up higher than most strollers and the seat padding seems pretty good.   I'm NAKing, so a bit hard to type, but if you'd like to know more, please...
Happy Birthday to the birthday babies!   Yep, it was roseola.  Crazy high fever from Monday-Thursday evening, fever mostly broken by Friday morning, rash today.  My mom remembers me having it as a baby too--what a bummer of a virus!   Still no real words here yet.  Being a huge worrywart, I'm a bit freaked out by that, even though I know there's no reason to be (yet).
Ooops...forgot we had a thread in toddlers and just posted in LWAB!   Anyway, great to see all the updates.  Ellie took her first steps about a week ago, and is now walking all over the place, although her preferred method is still crawling.   We're in the midst of our first super scary high fever--I got called to pick her up from daycare today b/c of a fever of over 101, and when I took her temperature when we got home, it was 104.6!  So, off the the doctor we...
We're in the midst of our first super scary high fever--104.6 a few hours ago.  I had to pick her up from daycare and took her to the doctor's.  Possibly Roseola.  Poor kiddo!  (And, holy scary high fever!)
Ellie's just started walking--I missed her first two steps, as I was out walking our dog, but got to see her third!  She'll take a few steps by herself now and then, but usually likes to walk around and around our couch, stepping/cruising.  I can't believe we have walkers and talkers already!   Ellie definitely still feels more baby than toddler, especially since she's not really talking or regularly walking.  However, she definitely seems to have mastered the art of...
Happy Birthday, Ozzy!   Ellie's birthday was Saturday.  So glad the hurricane wasn't last year--that would have been one heck of a trip to the hospital!
Thanks, Chloe's Mama!  Nothing like celebrating as a hurricane approaches!   When's Hannah's birthday?  It is amazing how quickly the past year has gone by!  Hard to believe they're already toddlers...
So, I'm selfishly starting this thread since tomorrow (8/27) is Ellie's first birthday.  I can't believe she's already 1!   Happy birthday, my sweet bean!    (I thought we could all just post when it's our kiddos birthdays in here, if that's ok with everyone else!)