or Connect

Posts by Laurski

I guess I'm posting looking for commiseration, advice, and perhaps hope that there's a light at the end of the tunnel!   DD is now almost 9 months.  And she has always been a craptastic sleeper.  She was a terrible sleeper as a newborn.  We never got a sleepy newborn phase--it was catnaps, followed by lots of crying and/or screaming.  (We eventually figured out she had reflux, but the sleeping didn't improve much until around 6 months.)   She currently fights...
Same here!  Everyone is always telling me how much Ellie looks like daddy.  I guess I was just the incubator...     Ugh.  So sorry about the persistent thrush.  That sounds absolutely miserable.  I hope it clears up soon!    
DD got her bottom two teeth at the same time when she was 6.5 months old.   About 1.5 months before they appeared, she started drooling a lot more, would sometimes randomly scream not long before bedtime (in a specific pained-sounding way), and gnawed on her two fingers constantly.  Also had greenish poop.  These symptoms lasted about a week (except the drooling), then reappeared about 1 week or so before her teeth erupted.  She also ran a low grade fever for a few...
Wow, Mae...your profile picture of Mae and your picture of your DH having tea with Mae (too cute!) look so similar!   Can some of your babies please talk to my baby about how to sit up, crawl, and/or cruise?  We're just a bundle of frustration over here (with super new ingredient--whining.  Yay!).  We play "pull up on Mama's thumbs" for hours, but put her on her stomach for her to try to sit up and/or crawl?  Almost always instant meltdown.  I feel so bad for her...
Yeah, I'm hoping it was just that the mark didn't show up until later.  The women who work at the daycare are usually super affectionate and loving with DD, so the whole incident has just been upsetting and bizarre.  And, as I mentioned in a previous post, there's just been this gradual accumulation of things (nothing major, just things that have bothered me a bit) that, along with this latest incident, is prompting me to search for new daycare.  I think part of the...
Yeah, I totally get that things happen in daycare, and if what had happened had been something that occurred in the course of normal play (bumps, bruises, even a bite...) I would have been upset that DD was hurt, but would have also understood that this is what sometimes happens when a bunch of kids who lack impulse control, or good coordination, or whatever are placed in close proximity and engage in play.  What bothered me is that it was something caused by an adult,...
Thanks for your replies...   I spoke with the owner this morning about it when I dropped DD off.  She said that they usually test the food on their wrist but apparently DD was clamoring for food so they...forgot?    Her explanation wasn't super clear, but she was extremely apologetic, which I appreciated.  Fortunately, no interference with breastfeeding, which had me worried.    Still, I wish daycare had mentioned *something* yesterday...
I'm pretty upset right now and just wanted to vent (DH is currently out of town for work and unreachable).   When I got home with DD (who's almost 9 months old) a little while ago, I noticed that part of her top lip/corner of her mouth looked red.  Upon a closer look, I realized she had a small burn mark on her lip (about as long as the width of a fingernail).    No one at daycare said anything to me about a burn when I picked DD up, and because the lights were...
First, I am super jealous of the belly to sitting thing.  Ellie still hasn't figured it out, and it causes us all sorts of DRAMA over here.  Oh, the tears, the wailing, the humanity of it all!   Second, what a sweet story!  What a great big sister!
First, happy Mother's Day, everyone!   Second, I love what you had to say below, porcelina!  Just a very lovely, thoughtful posting!  (And I agree, it really is wonderful to hear everyone's opinion on the topic.)