or Connect

Posts by Laurski

Hi Mamas,   I'm having a hard time starting this post because every time I start it it sounds stupid, so I'm just going to stumble onward and hope it makes sense...   I'm really conflicted right now about my job situation and am trying to figure out if I want to continue working or transition to being a SAHM for a while.  I never, ever thought I'd want to SAH, but ever since the birth of DD I have been conflicted about whether or not to continue working.  I've...
Welcome to the 'burbs!   I have to say that, overall, Westchester isn't particularly crunchy, although I've heard Croton runs a bit crunchier than many other places.    However, that's not to say you won't find people with who you'll share parenting philosophies...I recently discovered an AP  group on Meetup.  Look for AP parents of Chappaqua.  I don't think they've had any meetups recently, but I'm hoping they will soon, as it would be great to meet other AP...
Ellie is 7 months old today!    I can't believe how fast the past month has gone...
Oh, and I forgot...we have teeth!  Ellie cut her bottom two front teeth on Friday!
  Ellie's first food was avocado.  She loved it!  Until she got a taste of sweet potato...man, does she love her sweet potato!   I get plugged ducts all.the.time.  In fact, I have to take lecithin daily in order to avoid them  I don't always feel the plug...sometimes just a section of my boob starts to hurt and then it gets very firm and tender.  If you have one of those massaging shower heads, those work great.  I put it on as hot as I can take it, focus the shower head...
I agree, a super cute thread!   My absolute favorite, which she just started to do about a week ago, but I didn't fully realize what she was doing until a day or two ago: give kisses.  She'll open her mouth and move it back and forth across my nose.  At first I just thought it was because she was hungry, but it's now the first thing she does when I pick her up from daycare, and when I ask her to give me a kiss, she does it.  It is too wonderful for words. ...
Ellie started with dark blue, almost violet eyes, and they've slowly lightened to a beautiful bright blue.   Both DH and I have blue eyes (hers looks more like his), so it's likely they'll stay that way.   My sister, who is my parents' biological child, has beautiful gray-blue eyes, while my dad has green and my mom has hazel.  I think you have to go back two generations to find someone else with blue eyes.   I remember reading somewhere once that unlike many...
Thanks for your suggestions!
No suggestions?  
I couldn't read and not respond...I am so deeply, incredibly sorry for your loss.