or Connect

Posts by janerose

We're expecting baby #3 in December, and I'm in the market for a co-sleeper. We did co-sleep with our other 2 kiddos, but it was with a full size crib side car onto our bed. We don't have the room for that right now, so I'm venturing into the world of co-sleepers. We love co-sleeping, but due to comfort issues can't have the baby IN the bed with us all night. I have a bad back & need to use a body pillow when not nursing. Also, our space is very limited. Even a...
Anyone else out there still struggling with nausea at or past 15 weeks? I was really disappointed as it went away at the end of my 1st trimester with my last two pregnancies. Luckily I don't actually get sick to my stomach. Just a general nausea & lack of appetite. Nothing sounds appealing & when I finally do eat something I get about 1/2 way through and start feeling ill. Bleh! So, anyone else still struggling with this? Any suggestions for how to help? I've...
Your child's birthday will be as special as you make it! I was born on Dec 15. I NEVER remember feeling short changed by having a b-day 10 days before Christmas. In fact, I remember as a kid having people make comments to me like, "Oh, poor you with a Christmas birthday..." and always being confused WHY it was a bad thing exactly. Things that my mom did to make it special: ~ It was NOT combined with Christmas. The only "Christmas" thing about my b-day was she...
I was 15 weeks on Friday. This is my 3rd baby. I didn't feel lots of movement with either of our girls until going on 20 weeks, and this baby is the same. I have felt a few random "flutters" (one in the last hour of so while on the computer actually!). But like a pp said, if I didn't know better already I could have easily written them off to gas. No good thumps at all yet. I have no reason to think that my placenta is anterior. It wasn't either of the last 2...
Name: Holly EDD: 12/19 Age: 34 Location: Northern NY Family: Hubby of almost 12 years, DD1 5 1/2, DD2 3 Gender preferences: None. A boy would be interesting since we have 2 girls, but another girl would be great too! Names: We've had Jacob Bradley picked out for a boy for almost 11 years now. No idea for a girl. We've always struggled with girl names, so of course we had 2 girls. =-) Birth plans/preferences: Natural, non-induced just like our...
Pumpkin Pie -- congrats on the job! And about storing cooked beans, if you do them up & let them cool you should be able to store them in baggies in the freezer for quite awhile. I'd just squeeze out all the air & mark what type & the date. Maybe do a test batch & see if you like the way they come out after being frozen? I've done this before & they were fine for us, but we don't eat them straight either. Always in a soup or some other dish.
Hey, everyone! So for a quick update on us.... DD1 turned 5 last week & both girls start dance class, so it was a busy week. I'm also a co-leader for our 4H homeschool group (*that* just started...it is a bit more work/time than I'd like, but they needed help & no one else stepped up ). Luckily, there was no 4H this week, since we only meet the 2nd & 3rd weeks of the month. DD's party ended up costing us more than we wanted. Always does somehow, but we'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley But this one just beats them all. I have gotten it a few times .... 'But don't you think children should just have to conform? - You should send your son to school!' ... Don't get me started! Oh, wow. That's just so sad. I don't even know what else to say.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom That works for me. We love starting our day around 10:00. Kathi Oh, yeah! Hubby only works out of home 3 days a week. And the time he has to be at the office is flexible. We are NOT morning people. I love, love, love that we don't *have* to wake before the kids do if we don't want. And in fact frequently let the girls get up & quietly play while we slowly start our day snuggling in bed for a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by itsrtimedownhere i got one from my mom just this morning. we officially started homeschooling this week with sitting down and doing work. he's only 3 so we are just doing little art projects, reading, practicing 2 letter words... things like that. i was telling my mom about it and she asks "...but how are you going to prove he's doing the work?" ...i'm not really sure who i need to prove it to though. I've...