or Connect

Posts by QHAmom

I don't see an option for "not applicable". My OB convinced my to be induced, after 2 days I had not dilated at all, and was basically forced to have a c-section. With my 2nd, I pushed about 30 minutes after 12 hours of labor to birth an 11 pound baby. I had #3 a home water birth and went from water breaking at 6 cm to done in 35 minutes, mostly involuntary pushing contractions, maybe 2 active pushes for a 10lb 13oz baby. 
My library has a sign inside the lobby, by the doors into the library that says children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult.  The meeting rooms that groups use are on the other side of the lobby so I have let my kids who are over 7 go in by themselves while I'm in a LLL meeting, but I've never had any reason to leave the building while they're in there. 
I never gave my kids supplements because they have always had enough exposure to the sun, which is important for more than just the vitamin D production. Reasonable exposure to the sun is very beneficial to our health, as long as it is not enough to allow the skin to burn. There are foods that naturally contain vitamin D, such as salmon, sardines, shrimp and eggs. If you are unable to get 30 minutes of sunlight per week or eat those foods, then supplementing would be a...
When I found out my first baby was a boy, I was started researching on the topic. My husband could have gone either way. My dad said he wished he had been circ'd, and when my brothers were born, no one asked my parents, they just did it. But when really got me, aside from thinking it was unnecessary, was the scars on my husband. When he was a toddler, he had to have his re-done becasue something was wrong with how it was done as a newborn. Then his zipper caught on...