or Connect

Posts by LittleLegos

So sorry it's cancer...Young Survival Coalition is a great resource too and has an online forum. Youngsurvival.org The waiting was always the hardest for me too. Our minds can create so much worse scenarios. Sending hugs your way!
Glad you got checked out.  Hope you get results soon.  :)  If you end up needing surgery or anything like that, please feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to.  :)
If you're more comfortable with your midwife or obgyn, you could call them. I'd get a referral for an ultrasound with biopsy along with or instead of a mammogram. Certainy seems to need attention. The skin changes are concerning too. Cancer has a way of making us feel very vulnerable and consider our mortality, it's not usually a death sentence. I have a blog showing my experience with breast cancer and breastfeeding. I talk about the multiple tests I had and some of the...
Code: Hope your lump has subsided...but if not, a work up at a breast clinic is not so bad. If you'd like more info about possible tests and procedures, I'm happy to help! I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and have shared my story here: www.Breastfeedingandbreastcancer.blogspot.com Amy Mom to ds 2000, dd 2004, dd 2010
It sounds like you're right, your son does seem a bit traumatized.  But I bet he will get better.  Just with gentle coaxing.  I'd consider using some tips from when a baby goes on a nursing strike too.  I wonder if he'd nurse in a carrier while in motion.  Sometimes very distracted toddlers will do that.  Or in a dark room, or in the tub or shower.  Sometimes new places make it more novel.     I wish you lots of luck and patience.  :)   LittleLegos Mom to ds...
Push toys and ride ons were big favorites for my older kids. One thing I made for my LO who just had her birthday was a fabric wallet and then I laminated some photos of her and her siblings and our pet. They fit in the card slots. She loves taking my cards out, so I thought this would be perfect. I had done this for my older one, but it needed updating with all the new kids. I made doubles of all the little photo cards and laminated them too and they are to play...
Love seeing the updates!  And all the beautiful babes!  I too can't believe I have a one year old now.  Time does go quickly!   Height and weight if you know it?  Not sure...but getting taller, I can see it!  She's over 20lbs and wearing 12-18mos.   What's babe eating/drinking?  Still my nursey baby, but likes food too.  Signs "eat" "eat" when she's hungry.  She joins us for 1-2 "meals" a day.   Sleeping?  She sleeps.  ;)  Seems to still like a few days in...
I have a six month old too. She has lots of hand me down toys (wooden ring teethers, balls, soft stuffed toys, small wooden blocks), but also likes kitchen things too. A wooden spoon and a small bowl can entertain for a while (each independently). The small bowl is fun to see it weeble and turn over, ect, especially at a table or on a hard surface. It's noisy too. We have a soft sorter which has four different shaped toys with different noises, crinkle, jingle ball,...
I think sometimes it's a time to weigh the benefits vs the risks. And your child might act totally different in those situations, especially if mama is happy! And her schedule will likely change very quickly making it easier to make those 10am things. Good luck and enjoy meeting new moms! Amy
Want to send some hugs your way and let you know your words are being heard. It sounds like you are feeling the push of this move and time line. I bet this baby will get it very soon, but I bet it doesn't feel soon enough. I wonder too if your baby is picking up on your feelings like some babies have in a strike situation. Having the other children need you sounds very stressful too. Your baby is still so young. Can you find some help for the other children for...