or Connect

Posts by Novus

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!!!  Just reading about other PP mamas is helpful!  I've been really taken by surprise at how hard this recovery time has been.  I'm 11 days PP and still have a really sore perineum--to the point where I've really been avoiding sitting up as much as possible.  Luckily, I've been able to walk around the neighborhood some the past 3 days and we went to a friend's house today, so that's helped me feel better mentally, but I...
I've been lurking for a while now, but I'm still here...EDD July 31st.
Surely, I can't be the only one getting (and being annoyed by) dumb comments from strangers, right?   So far this week, I've already had three encounters where people have asked if I'm sure I have two more months to go (Um...yeah, pretty sure!), whether I'm having twins (No!), etc.  Oh, and one lady randomly came up to me at the pool and told me that she felt sorry for me and hoped I would "make it through" the summer...because my other options are what,...
Assuming that just because I hadn't had a "normal for me" cycle yet post-partum, I wouldn't have one that month--ie, up until then, I'd had 4 PP cycles and they all had a really late O and short LP.  Plus, I'd had about a week of increasingly fertile CM before O each time, so I thought I'd have plenty of warning.  Instead, I had 3 days of suddenly fertile CM, and O'd exactly 5 days after we DTD and am now excitedly looking forward to welcoming our "Oops" baby in 2 months!
Thanks, all--lots of food for thought.   This is the issue that I'm considering the most right now.  On the one hand, it would be bad if DH weren't here for the birth.  But the idea of possibly birthing at a hospital like the one my SIL was at--where enemas are considered hospital policy, episiotomies are done without even telling the laboring woman, rooming-in is not allowed, etc--is absolutely terrifying to me.  I had a good hospital birth with DS at a hospital & with a...
We're okay with fairly big disruptions to DS' sleep schedule for visits with grandparents, but that's only because (a) our closest set of grandparents live 6 hours away, so visits don't happen very frequently and (b) DS is flexible and does fine with having his schedule moved around.  If either of those conditions didn't exist, I'd be much less flexible with visits.  As it is, it's only been in the past 6 months or so (DS is 2 now) that I've become this flexible because...
My BIL (DH's brother) is getting married in late June, when I'll be 35 weeks along.  We're planning to drive to the wedding and it would be an 11-hour drive if we took minimal stops, but realistically, probably closer to 14 or 15 hours with our 2-year-old.  DH and DS are both in the wedding and I was feeling completely confident about taking the trip until last night.   All of a sudden, I have a really bad feeling about the trip and I don't want to go.  We still have...
We're a little bit of both.  DS (almost 2) has never skipped a nap entirely, but it's certainly been pushed forward or back by up to 2 hours, depending on what we have planned for the day.  Same with bedtime--the goal is 8 pm, but it gets moved around.  This works in large part because DS is one of those kids who isn't bothered by changes in his sleep schedule.  He'll just make up for it the next day and it doesn't result in any grumpiness.  But once he's down, he needs...
DS is 23 months old and he goes up & down the stairs unassisted--ie, without holding my hand.  But since we're in an apartment, he doesn't have free access to the stairs, which are outside, so I'm always nearby while he's going up & down.  DS has tripped a few times, but always when someone is holding his hand.  When he's navigating the stairs on his own, he's much more cautious and pays more attention (and goes slower).
I have a 22-month-old DS and I baby-sit a friend's 20-month-old DS during the week.  Since they're so close in age, we've had to do some work with normal toddler behaviors (biting, pushing, taking toys, etc) in order to keep everyone safe & in some level of harmony.    My conundrum is this: what do I do/say when other kids do those things to them?  The more they understand that those behaviors aren't okay, the more offended they get when others push/hit/take toys...