or Connect

Posts by Novus

Quote: Originally Posted by kriket DS loves picking up rocks too, luckily he hasn't been one to put things in his mouth (even food, le sigh, I wish he would eat more!) Luke pretends to put things in his mouth all the time. He'll have something in his hand, turn away from us, and we'll see the hand going to his mouth, but he actually drops whatever it was and then turns back to us and keeps his mouth firmly closed. Of course, about one-third...
So where are y'all meeting tomorrow? We might come out for a little while, depending on where it is and when Luke wakes up.
Lotus--ouch! Luke has given me little bloody lips a couple of times, but nothing like that yet. I'm sure it's coming soon though, since he likes to throw his head around when he's mad. One time, he did it and caught DH in the nose and DH was convinced that his nose was broken (it wasn't.) Luke is in a book phase right now and everytime I turn around, he's coming after me saying "Book! Book!" He especially loves when I read magazines to him--he doesn't care which...
Hi, May Mamas! Words: I'm not going to list them all, but his newest one is "Croca" for crocodile. He refers to most animals by the sounds they make, rather than their actual names, except that he has very *interesting* interpretations of animal sounds. So instead of "Meow," it's "Ummmm" and instead of "Cheep, cheep," it's "gum, gum," and according to him, roosters say "Cockacaaa" Sleeping: I still half-wake him and nurse him before I go to bed (about 11:30 pm) and...
Hello! It's been forever since I've checked or posted on this thread, it seems. It's been a busy month for us and we've been enjoying summer, even with the recent spate of 100 degree days. Katie--glad you've come to a decision about TTC. I, too, have known people who've had 4 kids in "sets" of two and their families seem really well-balanced and not as chaotic as families with 3+ kids who are really close in age, so hopefully it'll work out well for you guys. Luke...
You don't come across as being too permissive to me IRT your toddler only melting down when he was told no, isn't that what's expected to happen? I mean, if a meltdown is an expression of his frustration, it stands to reason that he'd only melt down when he was feeling frustrated, and of course he'd feel frustrated when he wasn't allowed to do something he wanted to do. I'm not saying that they should have changed their house rules or anything, but meltdowns are...
Usually, I pat my 14-month-old down. He has a hard time falling asleep if I'm lying down with him & almost never nurses to sleep, so I put him down on the bed or in the crib and sit beside him and pat him. And play music for him on my laptop. But sometimes, that doesn't work and he can't stop kicking & squirming, but clearly needs to sleep, so I have to lie down with him and hold him. I don't like doing that because he always screeches & he hates it, but sometimes, he...
Haven't read CC yet, but I agree with the PPs that as long as it's baby-proofed to your comfort level, it's fine. DS roams most of the apartment (kitchen, bathrooms, and office are off limits for various reasons.) He frequently plays in his room by himself for 30+ minutes while I'm in the kitchen or living room. I check on him every now & then and he's always within hearing distance, but frequently out of sight.
Quote: Originally Posted by MJ13 Did you join us at Anderson Point park? I think it's you...I'm glad to see you're going to join us again and we didn't scare you away! That was just a crazy day for some reason! Yup, that was us
We're in! Probably won't get there until 9:30 or 10 though because L has been sleeping in lately.