or Connect

Posts by Novus

Hello everyone! Luke is actually getting better with the tantrums, but I've noticed that his ability to communicate with us and to understand what we're saying has increased in leaps and bounds over the past month. Right now, he makes it pretty clear when he wants to nurse, eat, sleep, play with certain toys, read books, go outside, etc, using a combination of words & actions. For example, when he wants to go outside, he'll bring me his shoes and the dog leash. So...
I took More Milk Plus for about 9 months because I had extremely low supply & every time I tried to wean off it, my supply tanked again. I heard & read different things from different sources--some said that supply would stay up, as long as baby/ies were nursing frequently and others said it might revert to where it was. In my case, I decided to stay on it until DS was 11 mos and showing signs that he was getting too much milk (he'd pull off & refuse to nurse every...
The one in Morrisville (that I know of...I'm assuming there's only one!) is called Diapering Doula & it's in the Grace Park complex, at the intersection of Aviation Pkwy and Davis Drive. I just found it a couple of weeks ago. It's a pretty small shop, but all we've ever used are pre-folds & covers, so I enjoyed looking at all the other styles she has. When I went in a couple of weeks ago, she was out of stock of inserts but said she was getting more in, so they might be...
We're going to try to come to this, too...as long as it's not crazy raining or he doesn't wake up with some mystery illness again. We'll try to get there at about 9:30, too. BTW...since I've never met any of you, how do I find y'all?
Whew! We finally got home on Sunday after being away for a week & I'm so glad to be home! It was a fun visit, but exhausting. As soon as we got home, Luke went to each room and pulled out ALL of his toys, as if to make sure they were all still there He was nightweaned before we left and now, he's not. He nursed a lot at night while we were there, which I was okay with since it was a new place and all, but now, I just don't even want to start the whole process again....
Hello, all! We're out of town, visiting with family this week. It's kept me on my toes to be in a un-baby-proofed house with a toddler! And yesterday, I lost my purse because I set it on top of the car and then forgot it there so I've been trying to replace documents and close bank accounts and whatnot...all while out of town. All I can say is thank goodness for the internet! So far, Luke says Mama, Dada, dat (which I think means "that"), cat, dog, arf, meow,...
We're not from this area, but we're visiting for a week and I'd love to find some good toddler-friendly activities/play spaces in the Gaithersburg and/or Germantown areas. I have a 13 month old and I've looked online, but am having trouble finding things to do and since the house we're staying in is not at all baby-proofed, I'd love to get out to a more child friendly space! Thanks in advance
Water--I leave a straw cup of water out on a little table and Luke goes and gets it whenever he wants. I usually have to refill mid-day and it's empty again by bedtime and it holds 10 oz, so he's getting 18-20 oz a day, I guess. Luke was sick this week too. Had a axillary temp of 104 at one point, so we went to the pedi, where he was dx'd with hand-foot-mouth. Except he has no blisters on his hands, feet, or mouth So...I'm thinking misdiagnosis? The "blister" on...
Just curious about how you treat high fevers in busy bee toddlers. DS has been running a temp of 102+ (and this morning, it was in the 104 range) under his arm since last evening. We've tried cool compresses, tepid baths, and even tylenol--so far, none of the above has worked to bring it down for more than a few minutes at a time. Plus, he clearly feels bad, but wants to run and play at the same time, so when I hold him, he cries to get down, but the minute his feet...
Turns out we won't be there either--Luke's been up allllllll night with a fever. Poor baby Hopefully we'll be able to make it to one soon, though.