or Connect

Posts by Novus

We usually stay home on Mondays, but barring sickness, we do at least one outing the rest of the week.  It's more for my benefit because I baby-sit a friend's 1.5 year old & the two toddlers can wreck the house in record time.  We do a couple of story times, a LLL meeting if there is one that week, and maybe a playdate or trip to the museum.  In the summer, we do a lot fewer structured activities and just go to the park, sometimes with friends.  There are a lot of SAHDs...
My appointment is today!  In about 2 hours, actually.  I'm super excited because it's the first time we'll hear the heartbeat.  In fact, it's our first "real" appointment--the one I went to before this was just a pregnancy confirmation & then, I had an early u/s to date the pregnancy b/c there was a 2+ week window when the due date could have been.  DS (20 mos) will be there, but DH will be there too, so we should be able to contain him between the two of us.  DH went to...
I started having them at about 16 weeks with DS, and this time, they started at about 11 weeks, I think.  I've read that they tend to come on earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so I was expecting them, I just didn't expect them quite this soon (I'm 13w5d right now.)  But yes, I think it's normal.  In fact, I seem to remember my MW last time telling me that most women do have them throughout pregnancy, but just don't feel them until later...I guess we're just the lucky...
We picked out a girl's name months ago.  It just occurred to me one day that that's my daughter's name and DH liked it, which is pretty much how DS came to be named too, so that one is pretty much set in stone.  But we cannot agree on a single boy's name.  Not even close.  The ones I love make him nauseous and vice versa.  It's going to get pretty interesting if this baby turns out to be a boy...he might just have to be called BabyBoy LastName until he can pick out a...
20 month old DS is nursing 3 times a day--bedtime, before nap, and once at night...well, early in the morning, I guess, because it's usually about 5 or 6 now.  I keep going back and forth on nightweaning, completely weaning, or tandem nursing.  I'd LOVE it if he weaned before the baby gets here, but he gets so excited about nursing that I can't see denying him that.  Seriously, it's his favorite part of the day.  And he's been really good about dropping down to 3...
We told immediate family right away (our parents & siblings) & I've told a few friends...basically, anyone who'd know and be part of our support system if anything went wrong with the pregnancy gets to know about it from the beginning.  I'm not too happy that FIL told his whole extended family, though.  It does feel nice to have people who'll be excited with me and who I can talk to about whatever weirdness is going on with my body at the time
It takes me forever to fall asleep and when I finally do, DH starts snoring or talking in his sleep or the cats knock things over or the dog starts growling in his sleep or DS wakes up screaming.  Yeah.  I'm tired.    And when I try to explain to DH that I'm extra tired these days, his response is "Well, I wake up with the baby, too."  Yes, dear.  You wake up for 40 seconds to go get him from his room.  And then, I STAY awake for the next hour nursing him and patting...
Wow!  That's so exciting!  I'm not quite 8w yet, so definitely no movement here , but with DS, I felt him at 11w6d.  At first, I was convinced it couldn't really be what I was feeling, especially since he was my first, but it became pretty clear after a while.  And...he's definitely very active, even now.  But I was also really skinny with him.  This time, I'm guessing it'll be a little bit longer before I feel anything because I still had a little bit of a pooch from my...
DS is 19 months now & will be 27 mos when our new LO gets here.  We bought a new infant seat for him, which he used for 5 months before moving to his (RFing) convertible.  Since then, the seat has been stored in our storage closet, which doesn't have a/c or heat (so it's been exposed to 100+ degree temps, as well as below freezing temps).  The seat was never in an accident, the straps were never wet (other than with drool ), nothing has ever been stored on top of it, and...
If it's a special treat kind of situation, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's a regular childcare situation, I'd bring it up.  I'd probably begin by offering up lots of ideas of alternate activities (I know that TV gets a lot more tempting as the weather cools down!), but if she continued letting him watch a lot of TV while he's over there, I'd say something more direct.  Oh, and I always pull out the "Such-and-such organization recommends xyz" reasoning when...