or Connect

Posts by Novus

Is there room for another May mama and babe? I'm new to MDC and DS was born on May 7th. He's crawling like crazy and he pulls up and has recently started standing unassisted, but only for a few seconds. I can't believe how fast the past 10 months have gone! No teeth yet, but I'm not complaining because I'm mortally afraid of being bitten while nursing. He eats everything he can get his hands on and insists on feeding most of it to himself. He naps twice a day...
I think DS rocked back and forth for about three weeks. Towards the end of that time, the rocking got so...vigorous...that he'd actually move a few inches, just from rocking
My 10-month-old does this too, mostly while nursing. I keep moving his hand away and just recently, he's starting to play with my fingers or give me high fives instead of pinching and pulling at my face/sides, so we're taking a step in the right direction! Sometimes he likes playing with zippers or buttons or strings on my shirt, so if I'm wearing an "interesting" shirt, he'll usually fuss with those instead of my face.
I don't know whether breastfed babies necessarily wake up more often (my 10-month-old is breastfed and has always woken twice at night to eat), but I can tell you that solids don't always translate to longer sleeping periods! I kept hearing how he'd STTN as soon as we started solids ...well, here we are 4 months later (and he eats EVERYTHING under the sun) and he still has the exact same pattern of night waking as he did at 3 mos old.
I'm a new member from North Carolina. I have a 10-month-old and have lurked at MDC for a while now, so I decided to make it official and open an account. I've been involved with more mainstream communities (online) in the past, but find myself making more of the natural parenting/living choices, especially since DS has been here, so I'm hoping to find more like-minded folk here!