or Connect

Posts by Novus

For some background, DS has oddly colored eyes. One is blue with just a tiny bit of brown in it, but the other one looks blue or green or hazel, depending on the lighting, the angle you're looking at him, and the color of his clothing. So the other day, we were at the store and a random woman stopped to talk to us and was trying to decide what color his eyes were: Woman: Hm, that one's blue. But this one looks...kinda...what would you call that? Me: I'm not really...
Eek--sorry I didn't respond sooner, but we were out of town last weekend & I'm still trying to get caught up on everything. Anyway, I'm not a picky reader at all, so I'm up for anything, though I do like the idea of being able to get the book kits rather than having to buy the books ourselves.
We have the exact opposite situation from you, OP. DH is white American, I'm Indian and DS looks *just* like DH, right down to the blue eyes and dark blond hair. When he was younger, I was constantly mistaken for his nanny. My responses started getting pretty snarky at one point because I was so sick of being questioned about it every time we went somewhere. Then, we spent lots of time outside over the summer and he tanned up some (enough to be called "olive"...
We're out. Luke woke up coughing several times last night. I think we'll find an isolated playground to go to instead so he doesn't pass anything on.
So Ritter? We'll be there! I *should* go to the LLL meeting so I can return their library book that I've already had for 2 months, but the boys are acting kind of crazy this week and we definitely don't need to be cooped up inside with a ton of tiny babies.
I was looking for the September thread until I realized that...uh...it's not September anymore Luke wears all kinds of sizes. Most of his 18 month stuff is a too short for him now, so he's in a combo of 24 month and 2T. The 2T pants are really long on him still, so we have to roll them up, but his (cloth) diapers are so huge that we've always had to size up on his pants so they'd fit over the diaper. Kissing: he still doesn't kiss, although he does sometimes lean...
I need to de-clutter. I'm starting to feel like we belong on the show Hoarders. Junk has accumulated on every available space--breakfast bar, entertainment center, end tables, dressers. But the problem is: if the junk leaves my house, where does it go? I have a giant trashbag filled with old hangers (the department store kind.) And yet, I can't bring myself to put it in the trash because...do I really want to be responsible for 200 hangers in a landfill? No, I do...
Ooh, I want to do it, too! Sundays in general work for me, but we'll be out of town on the 10th, so I won't be able to make it to the initial meeting.
Katie--sleep issues suck! Sorry you're not getting the rest you need. Luke has been climbing on everything, too. His current favorite activity is to climb up on the very top shelf of his play kitchen and then yell, "Stuck!" I'm terrified that one of these days, he's going to tip the whole thing over on himself & his one-year-old friend, who spends the days with us. Both of them are napping right now and there's a very.loud.truck right outside the window. I mean,...
Thanks for the help, mamas! Quote: Originally Posted by mambera But what I really wanted to say is that as you focus on speaking your nondominant, you start to notice where your holes are and fix them. This is exactly what I'm hoping happens! I'm glad to hear it's happened to you Quote: Originally Posted by thehighernest I'll be happy if he can understand me even just half the time I think . Me...