or Connect

Posts by Novus

Quote: Originally Posted by Comtessa I wish I were going camping this weekend too!!! DH's version of camping is a Mariott without a pool. Can't wait to hear how little Luke does with it! That would be my version of camping too! But that might just be because I've never been before. I'm hoping that I end up enjoying it because DH loves it so much & he never gets to go. Lotus, I'd love to be too, but I don't expect that to happen here...
Congrats to Kelly!!! And congrats to Comtessa, too!!! We've got a lot of good news on this thread today And Peppermint, Yay for Darcy walking! I can't believe it's the last day of August already. It was two years ago on this day that I got my BFP with Luke...how could it already be that long ago?! I've spent the past 2 days tallying his words because I was curious and could never get an accurate count because I kept forgetting some of them. I wrote them all...
Wednesdays are usually our busiest days, so I'd be thrilled if playgroup was on a different day. But regardless of when it ends up being, my goal is to try to make it more often
I'd say those definitely count as words. I asked my pedi this question at the 12 month appt and according to her, any verbalization that's used repeatedly to refer to the same object/situation is a word. DS has lots of words, but many (most?) of them are abbreviated or mispronounced...we still count them!
Kelly--Wow, I can't believe how close you are! I hope he stays in there for a couple more weeks for you though so you can do what you need to! The clothes thing must be a phase right now because Luke is obsessed with what he wears. DH is usually the one who dresses him in the morning and every day, he asks Luke what he wants to wear & Luke will tell him what he wants on his shirt. Usually, he says "Croca" for crocodile, but sometimes, it's dog or fish. Luckily, he...
Cheryl--I love those pictures! I keep wanting to post pictures, but I can't even get myself motivated to upload them from the camera, let alone put it on photobucket! Oh, the sleeping. Our most recent sleep adventure is that he's gone from waking up at 9 am to waking up at 6 am. Over the course of one day. But I'm not going to complain too hard because at least he sleeps pretty well during the night. He still nurses before I go to bed, but then he usually sleeps...
I think we each have our own comfort level with risky behavior. I know that certain things that are important to me are non-issues for some of my friends & wouldn't even be on their radar of dangerous activity and there are other things that are important to them that I don't even think about. In fact, even DH & I have different comfort levels--he's much more cautious in terms of wanting to always have line of sight supervision at home and when we're at parks and...
We're going to try to be there! And we'll have an extra 1-year-old with us. I'm guessing we're meeting at the playground, right?
When DS was transitioning about 2 months ago, I made sure to schedule lots and lots of out-of-the-house activities in the morning and late afternoon. He'd still get tired at about 10 (his old morning naptime), but he'd get past it and get a second wind if we were out at the playground, whereas at home, he would've wanted to nurse & go to sleep. Same with bedtime--we went on lots of evening walks, trips to the pool, etc, to help him stay awake so that he'd be able to go...
DS hated it when we gave him a haircut at home, but does great at one of those kid haircut places. He's so busy looking at all the other kids that he barely notices what's happening with his hair. I kind of hate paying $12 for a kid's cut which takes 5 minutes, but it's worth it to not have him thrashing around with scissors close to his face.