or Connect

Posts by JB1972

Quote: Originally Posted by mama24-7 there's also this article which probably explains the locker-room reason, which is a pretty bad reason for him to permanently alter his child, which you know already this is for you to read: the vulnerability of men: http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/v...ty_of_men.html hth, sus Very good link btw, I couldn't agree much more. I think he really hits the nail square on the head. Thanks for sharing
Just to be clear, I think most of the replies you're getting (including this one) are meant as arguments to your DHs line of thinking as well as to speak to any of your possible concerns of the "Locker Room Phenomenon". The LRP is a rather curious phenomenon indeed: it is one of the only instances ever believed where young boys loose their more natural homophobic instincts to become curious of one another's penis's, so much so that they become comfortable enough to speak...
Quote: Originally Posted by StephM76 Unfortunately every relationship she has been in is physically or emotionally abusive. I offered her a place in my house but she refuses to leave him. He's isolated her from all of her friends and now h's slowly isolating her from her family. I feel like him pushing this isssue is just a test to see how far he can make her go when she doesn't want to I'm really sorry to hear this . Sounds like she need...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linzie2 Wanted to jump in this thread and introduce myself! We're planning a new home construction in the coming years, on land we already own. It's a 1/2 mile past the last place which translates into $38,000 to be grid tied! No way! So we're going to go full solar, OTG. Really excited about that...well the whole thing really . Going to be looking at our current bills and seeing our daily usage. Last I saw was...
Quote: Originally Posted by seim.ge I am thinking more along the lines of BoatBaby's story about the wood sword. What else would you do with a sword, except play violent games? I don't see how presenting a child with a toy weapon is any different from giving them an Elmo doll or a flashy light-up toy that directs their play. It is still taking the playtime out of the realm of the child's individual creativity and to a large extent dictating what the child...
I believe it's unanimous that you are not being unreasonable. The big debate seems to be over what people feel you should do regarding your in laws problem with hoarding. I only post because I think that your family relationships are so important, and will be for a very long time, so I don't think that calling animal control would be a good idea. Or perhaps I should say, it's probably a "good idea" that will likely have some very "bad" unintended side effects. It could...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird JB: that has been my experience as well with many men and their experience and interest in weapons as young children. my husband also had certain weapon toys (swords and such) but also played with "blasters" etc (star wars), and with this liked dungeons and dragons and got very much into weapons and mastery and the like. never did get to take martial arts, though. man won't harm a fly, literally. as in, if there...
Quote: Originally Posted by jenP I once had a horse, a male. I had him for years and I NEVER washed his penis at all. And he never, ever had a problem with it. Jen Thanks for the image... you just made me laugh . I did kind of think we were largely in agreement, and you confirmed it. I think the reason I posted my response is that I have certainly heard a lot of comments about the "cleanliness" factor. I spend plenty of time getting dirty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaesun's Dad Just wondering ... um ... why the IM "conversation"? Seems better just to bring it up in conversation when you're both in a good mood. ;-) Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that part was funny Good for both of you though, that's very nice.
Yeah, I had thought about just sending a link to the petition itself, but I decided that it might be better for some folks to see what Intact America had to say (for those unsure about the issue). Also Intact America has more than just the one petition that they could use support with, so that's why I gave the homepage link, Thanks for signing, and please pass the word on JB