or Connect

Posts by harli

I'm sorry I don't have personal experience but I researched my birthing options in the area about 3 years ago for my 3rd pregnancy with my almost 2 year old.  I'm located east of Moses Taylor in Scranton and after my horrible 2nd birth at Moses researched as many hospitals as I could.    From my research I only got one positive comment about either of the WB hospitals.  It was for Geisinger but it was from a nursing student who went through some schooling there for a...
Hi. I'm about 30 mins away from Scranton but am in that area on a regular basis. So I just wanted to say hi! I can't help much with the play date thing though as I don't really frequent that scene.
I'm normally pretty thin, technically I'm underweight but I have an old back injury and can tell if I go just a little bit over my normal weight and/or loose fitness because my back starts to hurt.  I started all three of my pregnancies at right about the same weight (approx. 115).  With number one I gained 15 lbs, with number two I gained about 20,  (I was very heavy for me and uncomfortable).  With number three I had a previously undiagnosed diary allergy that got...
I'm so sorry you are having this experience dbasset. Is this for a simple vbac? What are you going to do?
Thanks Susan, I called Dr. Tomcycowski's office and they are only accepting infants less then 31 days old who haven't yet seen a ped.   The same is true of Dr. Rogan at Geisinger.  :(
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a no-vax friendly pediatrician or general practitioner in NEPA.  I can drive to Scranton, Honesdale or even the Tobyhanna area.  WB too but that may be a bit of a stretch.    I'm kind of stuck because I need to find someone willing to take a 6 year old, 3 year old and a 9 month old.  Or at the very least a 9 month old. Our current ped has continually given us problems and the last time we visited he decided to curse at us for not...
I just got done seeing Dr. Gruby in Scranton.  She was fantastic and ended up saving my tooth. 
MTH is also good at saying what you want to hear and then not following through. They tell everyone they do skin to skin, etc but they don't.  Be very cautious of anything they say.
First of all no one should flame you.  IMHO women should be able to trust their doctors to take care of them and not have to fight them.  ((((hugs))))   I spent a lot of time researching the hospitals in the area (WBG, MTH and Wayne Memorial in honesdale).  But admittedly I have little knowledge on VBAC's in the area.  For that you may want to join our local ICAN group.  They would probably be able to give you specific doctors names that may be able to help...
Agreed DO NOT deliver at Moses Taylor.  I also had a completely unnecessary, needless, horrific experience at Moses Taylor with my last delivery.  (word of warning for those delivering there-they like to lead their patients to believe they are in dire danger to get them to okay manual removal of the placentas without explaining the procedure (or naming it for what it is), for no medical reason, without the offer of pain killers, then leaving it out of their medical...