or Connect

Posts by party_of_seven

MM- I'm running five days a week. It's just what my usual routine was, and I would like to get back to it. I hate most forms of other excersise, so it is rare that I do any type of cross training unless I consider yard work cross training. I am sticking to the week two routine for the whole week even though it says to only run three days.
Mommajb- when I have a house full of kids like that I don't entertain. I cook and provide entertainment, but that's it. I am not the entertainment! I hope your day got better. RR: finished Day 2 week 2. Feeling pretty good about it. I walked about 30 minutes after I finished the running just to get some extra time on my feet.
MM - We can cheer each other on! I have a lot of weight to lose too. I have been plagued with health issues for the last 3 years, that has hampered my running and kept me from doing enough to keep the weight off....add a pregnancy in there too, and now I have a good 45lbs to lose. I still have the endurance, so mentally I want to get out there and run 5 miles at a time. I'm using c25k to slowly work my way back into running and retrain my muscles so I don't end up injured.
Nemesis- I am do sorry about your dhs uncle. That is horrific. I hope you and your family can find some peace. I can't remember who was asking about parenting an 8yo. My oldest dd had a difficult time from urge time ishe was 8 to about 11. She is almost 13 now. I think it's just a part of growing up. Those hormones start to do bad things to their temperaments. My dd started to mellow out around 12, and she is ugetting much easier to live with now. Contests to the Disney...
Today was just a total wash for me. I woke up and was just way overwhelmed by the condition of my house. The kids all went back to school, and left me with a huge mess. My hubby has been working on putting in a built in cabinet for his audio equipment and our video games and blue ray. The floors a covered in dust and sawdust. It was just more than I could handle. I suspect PMS because I really just wanted to sit down and have a good cry. Things are looking a lot better...
Thanks for the warm welcome! I got off the couch for day one of c25k today. I'm antsy. I still have tons of endurance. My mind wants to run run run, but with the extra weight I just can't do it without getting hurt. Hoping the pounds will slide off. As for health issues.....the liver probs were all fixed. I had a clean bill of health. Got pg in aug09. Baby boy (Hudson) was born in May. Then this august I stared having night sweats and swollen lymph nodes. I have been in...
 I guess I need to change my user name yet again to Party_of_Eight!
Intro: I'm Christina. I'm a SAHM of six wonderful children. I was a former dingo, and I'm needing mucho support as I try to regain my fitness after baby #6. Some of you may remember that I had some serious health problems(a liver abscess that resulted from a missed case of appendicitis). That really set me back in 2008. I was pregnant in 09-10, and baby boy was born in May. My running : I'm still struggling with health issues that hopefully I can get resolved soon....
Well, I know my son was breathing fine after his birth. He was born around 3pm. At about midnight we noticed that he was breathing a little faster than normal. By 2pm the next day it was quite obvious and he was very irritable because he was working so hard. We were treated very well by hospital staff. They knew my son was a HB. The doc said that since his breathing increased a few hours AFTER the birth they could not rule out the possibility of an infection causing...
I don't have anything new to add, but I did have a similar situation with my now 4 month old. He was not born in the water. He was a big boy (10lbs 7oz). He was born quite quickly. My midwives were worried about a shoulder dystocia and had me pushing even without a contraction to get the rest of him out once his head was born. He was fine after the birth, but 24 hours later he had respiratory distress. We went to the ER. He had a septic workup and Xray. Everything was 100%...