or Connect

Posts by party_of_seven

It is all BS. My 3mo had some breathing problems after his uncomplicated homebirth. (google TTN if you want to know more) At 24 hours old we took him to the ER, and I knew we were in for a complete septic workup. My poor baby boy was cathed for urine, got an IV and had blood draws, and then it took them 4 shots at a lumbar puncture to get the spinal fluid they needed. I was a hormonal mess. I could not stay in that room and watch them do what they did to him. Thank...
I have co-slept with 5 kids now. All of them have slept like the last poster said....right in my armpit with their face smooshed into my boob. It's where they end up when the finish a feeding. We have never had a problem, and I wake up at the slightest sound or movement. It's amazing how aware of them you can be even when you are sleeping. I worry about them if I'm not physically touching them.
Twice. I had horrible gallbladder problems and ended up with a stone stuck in my bile duct....it required a scope procedure to get the stone out. I certainly would have died of infection if that hadn't been cleared up. I also managed to survive a very atypical case of appendicitis that went undiagnosed, but was then nearly taken out 9 months later by an infection that settled into and brewed in my liver because of it. I had a large liver abscess that is uniformly...
I know several people who have been hurt on trampolines.....one died of a broken neck. Another little boy of a friend of mine broke his arm, and the day he got his cast off his arm he broke his leg(femur).....they took down the trampoline. I wouldn't be worried about the neighbor's kids getting hurt on it....worry about your own.
Last Sunday there was an old man I know at church who asked me "When are THEY due?" As in....I look big enough to have twins in there. I know he was pretty proud of himself. I actually chuckled a little because I actually have never heard that one before. I'm just laying low now to avoid the comments. Hopefully baby will be just like his brothers and sisters and show up right around my due date next Friday. Until then I'm not answering the phone or hanging out with...
This is baby #6 for me. I have never had an induction. All but the first were born at home. #1 Started labor after a rough cervical exam on my due date. Labored all night and had her at 2pm the next day. #2 Homebirth. Day before my due date. Woke up by a strong contraction around 1am. Baby boy born at 9am. #3 Homebirth. Two days over due. Woke up around 4am by a strong contraction. Baby girl born around 4pm. #4 Homebirth. On my due date. Woke up around 3am by...
This is a great link if you really want an in depth view of the LDS faith vs. works thing. http://www.jefflindsay.com/faith_works.html It's all just so much to cover. Basically we believe deeply and strongly in the atonement of Jesus Christ. We do not earn our way to heaven. The atonement makes up the difference for us because even the best among us will still fall short. We are all mortal, and we will all sin. None of us are perfect. We believe that when we...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shami At any rate, how do you or any one else feel about this verse? Rev 22:18[/COLOR] 18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this scroll; (written in 90 AD) I think that Joseph Smith came too late to add another testament to the Bible (published in 1830). Once the Bible was canonized, I think there is no more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shami Galatians 1:6-8 6 I marvel that you are so quickly removing from Him who has called you in the grace of Christ to a different gospel, 7 Which is not another gospel, only there are some who trouble you and desire to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But if even we or an angel out of heaven should announce to you a gospel beyond that which we have announced to you, let him be accursed. The book of Galatians was...
I would just like to throw a website out there for anyone looking for real answers about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. http://www.mormon.org I converted 14 years ago. I can guarantee that the information presented on that website is true because I live it every day of my life. My family and I worship Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of the Father. We strive continually to be more and more like Him. If that doesn't fit your brand of Christianity that...