or Connect

Posts by party_of_seven

We are about to add child number six to our family. IMO it's just "another potato in the pot" so to speak. We do drive a large vehicle, so that is an added expense. My oldest is too big for the clothing they sell at children's resale stores, BUT her clothes are lasting longer now because she isn't playing in the dirt in the backyard much anymore......so I think the clothing thing is all relative for the most part. We don't eat out much, but that's ok. Sometimes...
Thanks again everyone. DD did take thank-yous to alll of her friends with a yummy treat too. DD found out that her friend receives a large allowance and gave dd the $50 out of her own savings. I think that is very sweet. Obviously she must feel that my dd is a really good friend. The two of them will be going out on a special outing soon.
I have 5 children. All of my labors started in the pre-dawn hours while I was asleep, so I was woke up with contractions. All of them were born in the afternoon. All 5 of mine were also born within 1-2 days of their due dates. I believe 2 were born right on their due dates, 1 the day before, and 1 was born days after. None of them were induced.....1 hospital birth and 4 homebirths. I'm expecting #6 in May and wondering if the pattern will hold true. Honestly, I...
Thanks for the feedback everyone. DD is taking some nice thank you notes and little treats for all of her friends. We discussed how it was more than normal, but she shouldn't brag to any of her other friends. DD and this girl have only known each other since the beginning of the school year. DD has never been to her house or done anything together outside of school. I guess that's why it makes me uncomfortable because in my book they are casual friends. It's not like...
My dd just turned 12. She has a friend who lives in a "rich" neighborhood. We are normal middle class people. The girls go to school together. Several of dd's friends brought her gifts for her b-day. We didn't have a party for her friends....just family. Well, this particular friends showed up at our house with her mom. DD went out to talk with them, and then they left before I got out to speak with and meet the mom. DD came back in and showed me that the friend brought...
I love love love babies!! My youngest is a two year old now, and I am enjoying her so darn much. She ia a riot, and I love hearing the things she is thinking now that she is talking. I love the childhood ages too. Now my 12yo.....not loving that stage very much at all at the moment. Recently I have just had to send her off to her room because I can't deal with her at all. My pregnant hormones can't take it. I have had to let dh talk with her because I can't do it...
I have a sock bin too. I try to buy socks in a size that several of the kids can wear. I just get normal white cotton socks. I pair up what I can and toss the rest in the bin. I try not to stress about it. Maybe once a week I will sit down and sort through the bin. If I don't get to it the kids know they can go there and find their own socks. On laundry.....I try to do a couple of loads every day. Each kid has a small laundry basket labeled with his/her name. They bring...
Hi mamas! I am always reading this thread. I really should post on it once in a while. It wasn't until this current pregnancy that I finally felt like a MOM I suppose. I have a DD(12), DS(10), DD(8), DS(6), DD(2.5), and baby boy on the way and due in may. So we will have 3 girls and 3 boys! For some reason 5 kids didn't seem like that many, but 6 seems like for me that I have crossed the threshold. We live in a 1700sqft house. We have 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. That...
I think only you can decide what to do. Think about it long and hard. My bio-dad skipped town when I was about 4. Then he resurfaced when I was about 13 only to disappear again. For some reason a part of me still wanted to know him. I didn't even have a picture of him or remember what he looked like. I found him when I was about 23. We talked at least weekly and had several visits. We had quite a good relationship for a while(7 years). It became very apparent that he...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenk i'll guess BOY then mama You were right! It's a boy!