or Connect

Posts by magnolia_mama

Cat, I have enjoyed reading about your experiences with K12 and wish you the very best! I am sure you'll find something perfect for your family. We are in the beginning of our 3rd week with virtual school. The first two weeks were quite challenging. Every day seems to be a little better than the last. Yesterday was an awesome day! My kids loved learning and I loved teaching. I think we are finally getting the hang of it! K12 is such a rich curriculum. I really love...
We keep ours in the fridge. It stays fresh longer and I like cold bread.
We are going into our 4th day of school. I must say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the work load. The curriculum is awesome and the kids really seem to enjoy it. However, our days seem so long as compared to our prior homeschooling days. We do not do the optional material and I don't require much of the writing (overboard for a 3rd grader), but it still seems like too much. My kindergartener needs me sitting with her for almost everything and my 3rd...
Homeschooling or not, every mother deserves time to recharge. Especially those of us who are introverts and become drained from too much "togetherness". I haven't always been good about taking time for myself. However, I have come to realize that I am a much better mother when I do have some alone time. My husband helps me out by taking the kids on outings or even just outside. You know what? They have a GREAT time with their dad and come home to a more peaceful, refreshed...
Have you ever looked into Sonlight? It does have a Christian worldview, but is not overtly so. I used the pre-k package with my son when he was about four. It was an awesome introduction to homeschooling! If you simply buy the teacher's guide, you can buy used books off of Amazon or just borrow them from the library. The Singapore math is also pretty inexpensive. For early reading skills, we watch a lot of Leap Frog DVDs and use some of their fridge phonics...
We love those books at our house too! My daughters dressed up as "Fancy Nancy" and "Fancy Nancy's Little Sister" for Halloween last year. I really like the books because Nancy is smart, whimsical and very creative. We have almost all of the books and the doll.
We are transitioning from traditional homeschool to virtual school in the fall. Our family is really excited about this new adventure! Anyone else planning to use a cyber in the fall?
That's a great idea! My dd is extremely interested in art and draws quite well for her age. She would love to have art lessons and we would be willing to pay for them, but haven't had any luck in finding anyone who offers them. Maybe he could market for private lessons (to the general public) and also group lessons to homeschool co-ops, etc. Not sure on the cost. I guess it would be similar to what musicians charge for lessons? Best wishes to your husband!
My three children share a room. The older two have a bunk bed and my youngest has a toddler bed. My son's clothing is in a 3 drawer system that is underneath the bunk beds. The girls share a dresser that is in the center of the closet. Clothes are hung on either side of the dresser and we are also able to stack some clothing on top. We have tall (floor to ceiling), skinny bookshelves for each child. This is where they store all of their special belongings. We also have a...
Could you soak and handwash it? Hanging it out to dry in the sun might help lighten the stains too. Depending on the stain, I've had really good results with plain Dawn dish detergent.